Conditioning lambskin? Cleaning caviar?

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
Hi ladies,

I have a few Chanel lambskin bags and I'd like to keep the leather supple. Do you ladies know of any products that work on dark and light leather? The bags are so expensive that I'm scared to try anything without a really good recommendation!

Also, what do you use to clean your caviar leather bags?

Thanks! :smile:

I've use the apple conditioner on just about every bag.
I have also clean my black classic lambskin with the apple condition and it worked great. No fading at all.
As for caviar, because its texture and the leather isn't porous I think a wipe down with a damp cloth is good enough for cleaning.

I haven't tried it on any light color chanel lambskin BUT I have used it on my white bulga and no problems at all.

As for the Vectra spray I do know a few people that have spray down their white reissue with no color change.
Althought the reissue is calf...I don't think there will be a prob. with lambskin either.

I got an apple conditioner yesterday and applied it to taupe color chanel lamb skin bag and i feel like the color faded "a little"... maybe I applied too much?? O.O

constance said:
this thread is so helpful!
more tips please...

admittedly, chanel lambskin is SO fabulous - but it is just SO delicate so i have a lambskin-phobia... for now ;)

Have the flap bags ever been made in Calfskin??

Selena

boxyandme said:
Selena, I had the same question about the flap being made in calfskin. Idon't know the answer to this, but I'll try to ask next time I call a chanel boutique.

After doing alot of research I think my bag is about 16 years old and I believe it is made in calfskin not lambskin. There are so many different types of leather and styles that its hard to figure out exactly what is what.
Selena