Conditioning bags

momjules

May 4, 2015
H! Miaborsa has brought up a good idea to me that I would help my bags by conditioning them.
Sue Clifton from dooney says these bags don't need it
I just bought a can of conditioning wipes which is not the same as a cream.
How many of you use these creams.?
I think she brought up a good point for a conversation
Your thoughts everyone?
I surely want to keep my bags beautiful so I think she's right on .

Just to clarify...the other conditioning discussion was about Brahmin bags. Brahmin does recommend conditioning their bags and sells a conditioning product. For Dooneys and other brands, I follow the manufacturer's recommendation for the leather type. ;)

I typically don't unless it's obvious that the leather is starving and dry. My Flo Python I just posted in another thread was super dry (the handles not the black Python area). I used the Apple conditioner. I have never used wipes. I also have a saddle conditioner I use on my vintage Coach bags but only Apple on the DB. Everyone has had good luck so that's what I go with. Honestly out of the 15 or so Florentines I have I have only done it on a couple and I am scared to even try on my naturals. Haven't touched my city leather bags either. It's all about the environment and usage in my opinion.

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone conditions their Logo Lock bags? I thought I read somewhere that conditioning pebbled leather is not good for that type of leather. I ask because I just received a brown tmoro logo lock that I bought off of eBay today. She is in amazing condition, but there are certain areas of the bag where the leather looks kind of white for lack of a better description. I'm not sure if it is because it is a little dry and can maybe be fixed by some conditioner. I will try to get a good pic to show what I mean. TIA 😊

Hi ladies. There are several posts out there about Dooney conditioning. You can probably find them via search and maybe get more info in case we miss mentioning something.

I condition all of my flos before use and during. I use apple leather care conditioner and their rain spray against water damage.

Conditioning flos will make them patina faster.

Pebbled leathers dont need to be conditioned because the way they process the leather before making bags already makes them stain/ water resistant. Note that it doesn't make them stain and waterproof, just not as easy to scratch or get dirty like the flos.

I would just clean pebbled leather with an alcohol free baby wipe.

Hi ladies. There are several posts out there about Dooney conditioning. You can probably find them via search and maybe get more info in case we miss mentioning something.

I condition all of my flos before use and during. I use apple leather care conditioner and their rain spray against water damage.

Pebbled leathers dont need to be conditioned because the way they process the leather before making bags already makes them stain/ water resistant. Note that it doesn't make them stain and waterproof, just not as easy to scratch or get dirty like the flos.

My thoughts exactly! I've never had labeled leather look dry.

Thanks! I will try wiping with a baby wipe.

What about Montecito leather? It looks like it will stain VERY easily. I bought the white/w.red Briana and the gray/w.scarlet crossbody Serena (I think I have those names right.) I immediately sent the white back because it seemed so vulnerable to even finger marks. A chalky kind of feel to it. I kept the much darker Serena but it seems so naked, like it needs a good coat of something to protect it. I haven't had leather like this in the past. Is anyone conditioning and rain guarding their Montecito bags?

FYI ... Here's a pic of the sweet white with red. I was afraid of her, lol ...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    881.9 KB · Views: 250
What about Montecito leather? It looks like it will stain VERY easily. I bought the white/w.red Briana and the gray/w.scarlet crossbody Serena (I think I have those names right.) I immediately sent the white back because it seemed so vulnerable to even finger marks. A chalky kind of feel to it. I kept the much darker Serena but it seems so naked, like it needs a good coat of something to protect it. I haven't had leather like this in the past. Is anyone conditioning and rain guarding their Montecito bags?

I have the Grey with Cranberry Drawstring in this leather and when I received it, it seemed a tad dry. I tested a small spot with Apple Conditioner. It turned out but I was afraid to go any further. I wouldn't recommend it.

That white... Wow! Beautiful. I thought about that color combo in the drawstring so glad you gave your thoughts on it.

O-M-G....this is a beautiful bag!!!!!! And you sent her away. What a shame,mbut I understand....but it is gorgeous.

Wow. :drool: I think I would have had to take a chance on that one.

I'm not an expert of leather or conditioning.... but.... I think that conditioning any white handbag is risky. Even if the conditioner itself is white or clear, the chemicals could turn the leather a slightly yellow color. You wouldn't notice it on other colors, but one a white handbag... it might be a big problem.

I love white handbags, but I've never bought a white Alto because I'm afraid it will get dirty. I have white pebbled leather, which can be cleaned more easily. I also bought a white Florentine handbag, but I'm afraid to use it except for limited situations.