Condition Leather on a DB?

That leather is similar to saffiano and will always be very structured. I don't see any reason why you can't condition it, but it will never be soft and smushy. That's the nature of that particular leather type. I love the color of your bag.

MiaBorsa said:
That leather is similar to saffiano and will always be very structured. I don't see any reason why you can't condition it, but it will never be soft and smushy. That's the nature of that particular leather type. I love the color of your bag.

Thanks. I really like it, and got a great deal but the straps are so rigid that I can't hold them in my hand without it actually hurting!! It's so weird!!

I imagine that the straps will soften a bit with use. Maybe if you work them around a bit you can get them to not be quite as stiff.

I've had that issue with other leather straps before. It usually helps me to take my hands (usually not long after moisturizing them) and just play with the straps through a movie or something, bending and folding them over and over.

Bending and playing with the straps sound good but not just after moisturizing ur hands. You might darken the contrast stitching on the handles from all the handling.

Hi, Pretty bag. The handles should become a little less stiff in time, but since it is structured, the handles will always be stiff. Dooneys vacchetta short handle totes are the same way, very stiff and mine has loosened up some, but not very much. Its just the nature of some Dooneys bags.