Concord leather concerns?

nawth21

Addicted!
O.G.
Feb 21, 2006
In the market for a new bag, but I don't want to end up with a bag that is uber delicate like my peacock. I know it's lambskin, but not sure if it's going to be as delicate or not. My tangy has no issues with water stains but ANY drop on my dang peacock is cause for concern :tdown: I posted this in the leather care thread as well but I thought I'd cover my bases. I haaaaaaaaate worrying about bags.

I'll move this to the main forum for ya ;)

RE concord: its a very thick, distressed and veiny cow leather I believe. Definitely not lamb, so it shouldn't be as delicate. Concord is pretty much just like the teal leather, except thicker. I think it will hold up very well. I had one very briefly and have regretted selling it for a while!!

I'll move this to the main forum for ya ;)

RE concord: its a very thick, distressed and veiny cow leather I believe. Definitely not lamb, so it shouldn't be as delicate. Concord is pretty much just like the teal leather, except thicker. I think it will hold up very well. I had one very briefly and have regretted selling it for a while!!

heh Thanks Desi :P ugh well that certainly doesn't make my decision easier, PH or other hmm :nuts: Don't get me wrong I love the peacock, I just hate worrying!

Concord is a thick lovely distressed leather that I absolutely love. The only suggestion I would make is NOT to condition it with anything. I did, and I regretted it because it has changed its color ever since.

Concord is a thick lovely distressed leather that I absolutely love. The only suggestion I would make is NOT to condition it with anything. I did, and I regretted it because it has changed its color ever since.

I believe I saw your post in the leather care section, it would be a 2nd hand bag and already has been conditioned/treated but the photos of it still look lovely.

^^Concord is just like the night blue. I know some people had their NB darken with conditioner, so i'd assume the concord would too. That leather is freakin amazing. <-- thats an understatement.

Naw-- I should be getting a purple haze bag coming in soon, i will let you know what I think of it compared to concord!

I have a Concord bag and sprayed it with leather protector. No change to the color and I'm not a bag abuser but I can't say I've been delicate with it either. I love the concord color and find it quite versatile.

^^Concord is just like the night blue. I know some people had their NB darken with conditioner, so i'd assume the concord would too. That leather is freakin amazing. <-- thats an understatement.

Naw-- I should be getting a purple haze bag coming in soon, i will let you know what I think of it compared to concord!

That'd be great:biggrin:

I've conditioned and spray it with Apple leather conditioner and rain garde. The leather did darken first but lighten back up to the original later.

I had a Concord Nikki, purchased brand new from an online boutique, but as gorgeous as it was, I was afraid of it and never used it once! It definitely seemed waaaay more delicate than any of the other RM's leathers I have or have had in the past (ex: Navy Luxe, Noir, Wine, Charcoal Patent, Deep Purple, Original FIG, Cloud Grey). I ended up selling it within a week of having it. I am just not that "easy" on my bags and didn't want to have one that I felt I had to baby. The experts here may say otherwise; maybe I was just too nervous with it.

I had a Concord Nikki, purchased brand new from an online boutique, but as gorgeous as it was, I was afraid of it and never used it once! It definitely seemed waaaay more delicate than any of the other RM's leathers I have or have had in the past (ex: Navy Luxe, Noir, Wine, Charcoal Patent, Deep Purple, Original FIG, Cloud Grey). I ended up selling it within a week of having it. I am just not that "easy" on my bags and didn't want to have one that I felt I had to baby. The experts here may say otherwise; maybe I was just too nervous with it.

Oh what's the leather on the deep purple like? Not that I'm expecting one to pop up anytime soon LOL :biggrin: but it's good info to file away. I went through the matching leather to color thread, but it doesn't really talk about leather durability or what have you. Maybe there is a thread out there already, if so I'd love to be directed to it, I tried searching but didn't come across much. :smile: