Concession H Stores

babyhart

admire inspire
O.G.
Jun 19, 2006
Hey I have a question... when i was at the h boutique earlier this week, i overheard a SA tell a customer that her store credit could be used at Hermes boutiques worldwide, except for Manhasset and Greenwich boutiques, b/c the latter two are concessions. As soon as he was done with the customer, i asked him what he meant my concession stores, and he said that they weren't owned by Hermes, they are privately owned. He didn't elaborate... but I still don't understand how they are privately owned.

Is concession a fancy way of saying franchise? Who owns those stores? I'm curious b/c the Manhasset one is the closest one to me, and i read past threads saying that the Manhasset boutique's computers are independent of H worldwide records.

Hey I have a question... when i was at the h boutique earlier this week, i overheard a SA tell a customer that her store credit could be used at Hermes boutiques worldwide, except for Manhasset and Greenwich boutiques, b/c the latter two are concessions. As soon as he was done with the customer, i asked him what he meant my concession stores, and he said that they weren't owned by Hermes, they are privately owned. He didn't elaborate... but I still don't understand how they are privately owned.

Is concession a fancy way of saying franchise? Who owns those stores? I'm curious b/c the Manhasset one is the closest one to me, and i read past threads saying that the Manhasset boutique's computers are independent of H worldwide records.

babyhart - by Greenwich do you mean the one inside another larger store, such as "Richards"? There is also one inside Mitchells in Westport, CT, and while they seem to have a decent collection I don't think they are able to order, and they get far fewer bags than a stand-alone store.

interesting...
I was wondering too- what about H boutiques inside Neiman's? I was at the one in DC the other day, but there's no mention of it on the H website. They do carry bags and such though... is this a concession? Oe some weird NM thing? I found it interesting that it wasn't on the H site, and it makes me wonder if I can find H closer to home than I thought I could.

I think all the stores, regardless of size have to conform to the "Hermes Interior Look", the customer is not supposed to feel or see any difference...like with McD's...or Burger King...:P they all have that "certain" look!:yes: