Concerned about potential Hautelook return

NoraV

Jul 8, 2008
About a month ago, I ordered a dress from Hautelook. The dress ends up shipping eight days after I place the order, with the scheduled delivery date being six days after that. 5 days after the dress shipped, UPS tracking showed that it was in my state. Five more days passed (!) and no sign of the dress. Then the tracking was updated to show that the package had been misrouted, and was now on its way back to California. From there it took eight more days to get back to my state, with a scheduled delivery date of Monday.

Where am I going with this? Hautelook's return policy states that you can make returns within 14 days of them shipping it out - my package will fall out of this range before it even gets to me. I had already been in contact with them, since they never sent out a shipping email with tracking info, and they actually removed the tracking info from the site - I had to request that they put it back. I am very unhappy because I have communicated with them several times and have not gotten a response. I recognize that UPS issues are not their fault, but I'm concerned about being able to return the dress (I'm not 100% sure that the size I ordered will fit). Has anyone had a similar experience? Any advice?

I have returned a few items to Hautelook. In my experience, they were pretty reasonable about returns. I bought a Gorjana necklace which broke the first time I wore it, which was probably a week after I received it. They refunded me completely for that item (their policy is to provide credit generally). As long as you have the tracking info, or you can show UPS didn't deliver it within the 14 days, you should be OK IMHO.

Thanks! I really hope it fits because I love the dress I bought, but I hadn't returned something with them before so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be screwed.