Concealer-like Nude Lipstick: where to find it ?

cheburashka

ON ROTATIONS !!!!!
O.G.
Mar 25, 2008
I have a few of nude lipsticks but I am always on the haunt for that perfect edgy concealer-like nude lipstick. So far I have:

- a couple from Bobbi Brown ( Natural beige and Uber beige )
- a couple from Estee Lauder ( Toffee Caramel + one I can't remember the name).
- one of my favorites from Dior (222)
- Clinique, Guerlain, Nars ( Belle de Jour )

but none of them give me that look. Almost all give you the natural looking nude, but I am looking for something a bit more extreme.

Something like the ones in the pictures I attached. I would also prefer the matte formula as I don't wear gloss and can't wear anything glossy on my lips. Do you guys have any ideas ?

2087519135_4e09bbd204.jpg

MatthewEarnestA17.jpg

MAC Heatherette lipstick in Fleshpot would be perfect if you can find it! It looks just like concealer in the tube, and it goes on very opaque peachy nude. Also, L'Oreal makes one called Fairest Nude that's pretty pale.

I have the Bobbi brown beige one and I love it.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, but I have Natural Beige and Uber Beige BB's lipsticks which are much paler than Beige and they are still too bright. Beige in my opinion is a great lipstick but definitely not that pale concealer look.

I'll try to haunt down and try out the other ones, you ladies suggested though.

Thanks so much ! Any other ideas ? :heart:

Honestly, I'd just put a light layer of lip balm on and then dab stick concealer on if you KNOW that's the look you want.
I'd guess this is how Rihanna achieved it.

Swanky, that's exactly that I was going to post! You might need to buy a concealer specifically for this though. You need a concealer with pink undertones, not yellow or green.

I've been looking for the same thing for a while. Actually, I was, and then I gave up for some time. Lips need to be in perfect condition for that kind of nude color, and mine just aren't.

I was going to recommend Nars Belle de Jour, but I see that you've already got that. Have you tried Honalulu Honey by Nars? It's more opaque than BdJ.

One thing to do would be to layer this gloss over a nude lipstick:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2935554/0~2376780~6009391~6016599~6016979~6019062?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6019062&P=1
- in Champagne Sparkle. I found that combining the two made the color pop more.

Have you tried using a nude lipliner all over your lips before applying a light lipstick? It might help the true color show up more.