Computer locks up when clicking on thumbnails...

Oct 12, 2006
Using IE7 and Windows XP.... Not every time .. but several times ... when I click on a thumbnail in a post, my computer locks up. I get a white screen and my CPU usage shows 100%. I checked to see if the photos were hosted by an outside host and they were not .. they were hosted by tPF.

I don't know if this is just something going on with my computer or if it is a global issue.

Jun 25, 2008
Vlad will probably have an answer for you, but I saw your post and wanted to comment just to tell you what happened to me. I used to have all kinds of problems with my computer while in the forum--I mean, it got so bad I thought I wouldn't be able to be here at all. Then I heard about the Mozilla Firefox browser (vs. IE) and tried it. It was miraculous. IE used to get stuck all the time, freeze, slow down to unbearable speeds...not so with Firefox. If it happens, it's because of my net connection. A few weeks ago I had to use IE for something, and it was like my computer had Parkinson's or something. Awful. HTH.

Oct 12, 2006
^^ Thanks so much. I do have Firefox and tried it just now. I clicked on a picture in a post and my computer locked up and I got this message below. I tried again and the picture did finally enlarge.

Database error
The Purse Forum database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the forum.purseblog.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The forum.purseblog.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.