Compromise on color?

Oct 30, 2010
Help. I've been looking for a convertable cross body for every day use. I'm a stay at home mom but don't wear sweats or tennis shoes. Most days it is loafers, dark jeans and a cardigan. Anyway...I had my eye on an Eliott Lucca in red for $158. I found the same bag on the ba,y NWT in gray for $54. That's a huge difference. I like gray and it would go with my cloths. Would you compromise on color for $100?

Not unless I liked the compromise and was willing to live with the decision. It is not a savings unless you are happy.

Grey is the so-in-color this season and a timeless basic. You could always flair it up with a red scarf tied to it.

It depends on how much I like the colour of choice. I would compromise if it means a huge savings but the compromise must be a neutral colour which suits my wardrobe/ style. In this case, I would probably go for the gray.

I generally like gray anyway, but if it were a color that I disliked (but not hate) yet l liked the rest of the bag generally, yes, I'd compromise if the savings was at least 60-70%. This is after searching long and hard for the bag in a color I liked but never finding prices anywhere near as low.

I would but only because I really do love grey. The big question is will you use it? The savings won't matter if you don't. I only say this because I find that some of my compromise bags are the ones that don't get used and get rehomed.