Compliment from 72 yr old mother - who never gives compliments

She told me that I looked polished today because my bag made the outfit. Had on a put together but simple outfit: light blue wide leg jean pants, off white sandals, neutral pink cold shoulder shirt. I had my Azur MM NF w Tahitienne bandeau tied on it. I guess the bag really does put a complete look together.
It's always wonderful to receive sincere compliments, regardless if they're from someone who tells you you're beautiful on a daily basis or from someone you least expect.

And mothers can be BRUTAL-LOL!!! My mom will tell you to your face you look like a friggin' slob. I laugh my butt off!! My parents are old school and leaving the house in just ANYTHING you slapped together is appalling to the both of them. Down right sloppy. My kids are all in college so the folks never see them in anything but nike slides, yoga pants, b ball shorts and tees so it drives them crazy when they see them. They question how this is acceptable for dinner in a sit down restaurant nowdays. I get quite the chuckle from my parents.

And mothers can be BRUTAL-LOL!!! My mom will tell you to your face you look like a friggin' slob. I laugh my butt off!! My parents are old school and leaving the house in just ANYTHING you slapped together is appalling to the both of them. Down right sloppy. My kids are all in college so the folks never see them in anything but nike slides, yoga pants, b ball shorts and tees so it drives them crazy when they see them. They question how this is acceptable for dinner in a sit down restaurant nowdays. I get quite the chuckle from my parents.

Yes! So true...it is good we can laugh about it. There are days that I would visit her after work and she says, "You wore that to work, you are a professional!" Then, since she thinks I should make sure my kids are always dressed neatly and ironed since it is a "reflection upon me and my work position" and yes, I just have to chuckle.

Yes! So true...it is good we can laugh about it. There are days that I would visit her after work and she says, "You wore that to work, you are a professional!" Then, since she thinks I should make sure my kids are always dressed neatly and ironed since it is a "reflection upon me and my work position" and yes, I just have to chuckle.
I have to remind them that my kids, their grandkids are young ADULTS. I have no say in the clothing they choose to wear on a daily basis. At this point, all I care about is the fact that they share a large apartment off campus and the mess they still produce is no longer in MY space LOL! Couldn't care less about their crappy clothing choices. When they visit I just want to enjoy the time they're home. My dad is constantly telling his 19 year old grandson to get a haircut and a shave. He still hasn't gotten either LOL!!