Completing/Expanding the Rainbow Brite Family...

sweetfrock

O.G.
Mar 11, 2007
I have "cultivated" a little family, but it doesn't feel quite complete yet. My ideal family would be a bag of each basic colour to match my (technicolour) wardrobe!

To give you an idea of my rainbow brite family, here they are.
- outremer CGH velo
- sang GSH city
- castagna GGH city
- sorbet GSH
- moutarde RGGH city
- light olive RGGH city
- siegle RGGH city

so I have bright blue, green, red, pink, yellow, beige and brown.

Just to give you an idea, I like wearing prints (think DVF) and bright colours. Don't wear much black/white, all-black, or neutral ensembles.

I like how black and anthracite look with RGGH, but I'm passing those up because I have very little black in my wardrobe.

Just to summarise my haphazard thoughts, would you pick any of the following colours, or pass them all and wait for the next collection in 2011? Did I miss out any other basic colour to add to the family? I'm not looking to collect every shade (unfortunately my money tree grows too slowly!), but just one from each colour group (red, blue, yellow, green, brown, etc.)

- Murier
- Noix
- Black Cherry
- Mandarin
- Bleu Roi

Please feel free to throw me your opinion. Thanks!

Last edited:
i think anthracite RGGH does compliment any colour or print...i just got a part time in this style and i've been able to wear it with blues, greens, pinks, reds -- it really makes the outfit pop

looking at your fantastic collection -- id be inclined to go for a sapphire or raisin (after anthracite)...but if you can wait until 2011 -- i bet there will be several great new colours in there that we'll all just have to have.

oooh what about a light grey -- like the upcoming nacre? that would go great with any outfit

Out of the list I would sayyy - Murier or Mandarin. As you already have 2 browns a red and a blue. I haven't seen murier in person but judging from the pictures here I quite like it!

Following this thread with interest, because I also wear a lot of prints (love love love DVF) and bright colours. I'm just getting into Bal's and only have one so far (Chestnut GGH) but am looking to get a beautiful bright bag for my next Bal.

Love your collection! :smile:

Following this thread with interest, because I also wear a lot of prints (love love love DVF) and bright colours. I'm just getting into Bal's and only have one so far (Chestnut GGH) but am looking to get a beautiful bright bag for my next Bal.

Love your collection! :smile:

Thanks for your thoughts ladies!

Here's the current score:

Mandarin - 6
Raisin - 3
Anthracite - 3
Bleu Roi - 3
Murier - 2
Tomate - 1
Cyclade - 1

Mandarin's on the top, but my personal preference is a raisin GGH! But I know just how hard it is to come by! I have concerns of mandarin making my asian skin look sallow. My girlfriend's just purchased an Anthra RGGH city and I am looking forward to seeing her beauty, that might just enable me!

I've seen Bleu Roi GSH and it doesn't look great to me initially but I think once it's broken in it will be a lush blue with violet undertones. Can any Bleu Roi owners confirm this?

On another note, I have been given an opportunity to purchase a pumpkin GSH city and an argent RH city.

Should I get them or pass them up?