Complete this collection

Jan 3, 2009
Okay, everybody this is my first time starting a thread so be gentle! I have a small Hermes collection, which consists of the following:

Josephine Danse scarf in blk/wht colourway
Mauve pm clic bracelet
Bolduc Twilly in orange/brown
GHW vintage Medor watch w/ royal blue band (also have the original brown band)

Now here is my question, I am looking to add some scarves and possibly some bracelets to this collection and want to now what you think will go with my current collection? I see every-ones lovely scarves, bracelets and accessories and get totally overwhelmed!

That's a hard question! It all depends what you like. Do you like warm or cool colours? Do you like modern/abstract or traditional/classic designs? I see you have a black and white scarf so for example you may like the black version of "Please Check In" which is a 70x70cm carre. Have you looked at the Hermes website - that shows some of the current collection of scarves - MaiTai posted the whole SS09 scarf brochure here:-

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/scarf-booklet-ss2009-421195.html

Ultimately you have to go with what you like and will enjoy owning/wearing - I hope you find something.

Please tell us more about the types of clothing in your wardrobe: casual? dress? formal? jeans? slacks? dresses? etc. and your color preferences.

Then we will enable away!

Tell us about your interests and hobbies...favorite animals...or places...that sort of thing.

If you are interested in adding scarves, Hermes has made one that reflects you somewhere in their history.

Someone help me on the name of the one I'm thinking about it's the one that has the luggages all together to form a big H,that has alot of the colors that could go nice with your watch & you can match it with alot.Have the name at the tip of my tongue,silly me.

Please tell us more about the types of clothing in your wardrobe: casual? dress? formal? jeans? slacks? dresses? etc. and your color preferences.

Then we will enable away!

Okay I prefer to be a little more casual in terms of my clothing. My work environment has very few restrictions in terms of clothing, but I like to look casual but professional, which carries over into my personal like. My favourite colours are purple, royal blue and bright yellow/ greens. I got the Josephine Danse scarf because I think I prefer the more absctract designs. I think I'm looking for a really bright scarf that is not a floral.

lil_fashionista, are you able to go into a boutique to see the things IRL or are you shopping online?
i'm having a hard time figuring out how to answer with anything other than what I like (well i am self-centered, that's typical and OT...)
no but seriously, you have H pieces in different color families... so are you looking for a new item in yet a new color? well i think i'm struggling with the word you use: "complete" and i'm feeling the pressure... could you just say, "what's next in my collection?"? winkie-winkie

Lil_Fashionista--I wear jeans pretty much every day to work and the piece I use a whole lot is the Hermes H Belt. I have them in orange/natural, blue jean/black and brown/prune. The belt really pulls the look together.

Diva999 suggested H Envoyage and I agree with her. I have the orange colorway and it is a stunning scarf. There is a yellow and turqouise colorway that would be perfect for you!!! Check them out on hermes.com under Vintage Style scarves.

I am also very biased but the horn accessories are also a great buy. The colorful pendants may be a good match for you. The current Quator and Lift pendants are made with horn and lavendar lacquer and would look great with your clic clac.

As far as bracelets I am currently totally sold on the Kelly Dog bracelelt. It is a thickish leather strap with Palladium or Gold Hardware. Comes in all kinds of colors.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

The first thing that came to my mind is one of those pretty horn necklaces that rileygirl's got in her avatar!!! That's going to make any outfit look smashing!!!!

rileygirl & diva999, that is so funny that you mention H en voyage since I first saw it today and fell in love, but DH is not a fan. It sort of reminds me of the monsieur et madame scarf, which is one that I liked.

While I was on Hermes.com I noticed the confettis d'ex libris twilly in a purple colourway (at least that's how it looks on my monitor) and I really liked it.

Thanks everyone! :tpfrox: