Complete newbie in need of desperate help

societygirl

Society Girl
May 4, 2008
Hello! :smile:

First time posting here, and I was wondering if all you Chanel lovers would assist me. I am planning to purchase my first Chanel bag, but I need some guidance from the experts.

Does anyone know the price range of Chanel bags in Europe (particulary in Switzerland)? Is it a little higher than the US Dollars or.. ??

Which classic Chanel bag should I go for? I am particulary interested in the large shopping bag (A20995), (A25169), the large flap bag (A28600), or the classic flap bag (A01112). What are the prices for each bag?

Or are there any other suggestions? I would prefer something not more than $2500.. If that's possible?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE! :heart:

Hi Societygirl! Welcome! This is a great forum:tup:

You may want to check out the Reference library which has numerous pictures of Chanel bags in different styles and colors. Chanel labels many of its bags with the same name (bag with flap, etc) so you may want to post pictures of the bags you are referring to.

If the shopping bag you are looking at is the Grand Shopping Tote (fondly called the GST), that falls in your price range, currently priced at less than $2200 but the price is to go up by $200 or so on November 1st.

Thank you so much hipnycmom! :smile:

Here are the pics taken from the official Chanel website:

160d7qx.jpg

4tle38.jpg

2eupm6r.jpg

2uomkvt.jpg

Would the GST be #3? That would also be significantly larger than the others, right?? Hehe

Thanks a million!

if u guy now
regular GST are 2125, patent are 2415
cavier jumbo 1. is 2650
and PST are i think 1600? correct me if i am wrong on that
cambon totes are in 1500 to 2000 range as well
check next price increase thread for more detail pricing

The Jumbo can hold quite a lot for a "small" bag. I have a few and the size can vary slightly depending on the leather and season (the new lambskin ones are slightly different in structure than the older ones) but they can hold a long wallet, cosmetic case, card case, 2 phones, pens, keys, tissues. The GST is a lot larger than the Jumbo and definitely holds much more. The Jumbo has a more secure closure while the GST has an open top, though it does have a zip compartment in the middle.
The GST is also about $500 cheaper than the caviar Jumbo.
I don't think you can go wrong with either but if you carry a lot the GST may work better for you.

GST can definitely carry a LOT, it's good if you want a work bag cos you can put folders in it (I don't know about laptop though). Plus it has 3 different compartments so you can divide your things up. The only thing is that you can't really close the bag, but you can put your wallet, keys, etc. in the middle zipper compartment. It's within your price range, practical, and it looks cute. I say get it!

The GST can hold a lot more than a jumbo but it also has a completely different look. I prefer the jumbo as it has that classic look and can go from day to night (atleast IMO). The GST doesn't have that appeal and looks like a day tote...not something that would transition into night.

I asked the same question when I decided to buy my first Chanel. I ended up with the GST. I've got to say, I am THRILLED with my choice. I love the fact that it has the separate center zippered section. I also can stick a book, files, or my latest knitting project.

I was just at the Chanel luncheon in Boca with Claudia (purse-onality) and they had a GST in an amazing bronze. (Since purchasing the GST, I have gotten a jumbo flap in black and a classic in a patent peachy-mauve, and a mini classic in caramel.

Guys... Thank you so much for your help! All of your input were extremely helpful! :smile:

I decided to go with the GST after much thinking yesterday. I love the look of both bags (GST & Jumbo Flap), but as for my first Chanel, I thought the GST would suit me best as I carry a lot :smile:

I am loving my very first Chanel and I definitely do not think it is my last! Now it's time to save up again, hehe!

THANKS A LOT! :heart::love: