Complains on my prada cervo bag

ContinentalGT

Feb 4, 2007
Hi everyone. I dont know if I'm posting this thread on the right sub-category, but i'll try.

I bought this Prada cervo satchel on Ebay (I know the risks..:sad:) for about 8 months ago. The seller promised that it was real (what else?) and I got a copy of a receipt. The authenticy card doesn't have a signature, but I dont know if thats important?

But now the bag doesnt look that good any more. A part of the logo fell off, the color on the handles looks scrathed and the sides of straps looks like they've been broken off. Perhaps I've not been that gentle with the bag, and i use it almost every day, but my other bags doesnt look this bad even after 1 year. :shrugs:

Is there anything you can do about it? Could I turn to the local Prada dealer and send it to Italy for conditioning? :hrmm:

By the way, i hope you'll excuse my english and have the patience to read the text event if the spelling isnt perfect.

OOh, so sorry this has happened to you! I think you could certainly take it to a Prada dealer and ask them for assistance. They could also tell you if it is real. Suggest you re-post this on the Prada forum and let the real pros help you out. Good luck!

I replied to your post. You're stuck, I'm afraid. After all this time you can't even file a dispute. I'm not even sure you can do a charge back on your credit card, though if it was AMEX, maybe....

Edit note: Prada won't touch it since it's a fake. If you still want to use it, you could try a leather shop. Personally, I'd throw it in the garbage....

That's such a pity. Your bag looks lovely. Perhaps it was defective but real. I hope the ladies on the Prada forum can help you with authenticity issues. I wouldn't give up on this bag. I'm sure you'll be helped by a good leather repair store. Good luck!

That's such a pity. Your bag looks lovely. Perhaps it was defective but real. I hope the ladies on the Prada forum can help you with authenticity issues. I wouldn't give up on this bag. I'm sure you'll be helped by a good leather repair store. Good luck!

If prada psycho says it is a fake, you can bet it is a fake, sorry. I would toss it instead of carrying around a fake.

I'm sorry this happened to you! There's really no point on getting it re-conditioned. You'll just be spending more money on something that isn't worth crap. Use your money towards a new purse instead.

Yes, I belive her too. And iv'e been carrying it around for moths, thinking it was real. :shocked:

At least you managed to find out. We've all been duped at one point or another. I still have a fake Burberry that I bought for $70 (don't shoot me, I was very young!!!) from Ebay. I actually carried it to a REAL Burberry store... :sweatdrop: I'm using it to store DH's mangy old socks that he refuses to throw away. :Push:

Now you'll be more careful. Better luck next time, k? :tup:

At least you managed to find out. We've all been duped at one point or another.

Getting duped myself (several years ago before I knew better) is what got me into doing authentications (specifically Prada). Might as well have something positive come out of that EXPENSIVE lesson I learned and help other people avoid the same mistake.

Honestly, I'm going to end of having a stroke one of these days doing authentications, though. The whole counterfeit industry makes me SO ANGRY! :mad: