Competition is off - I'm buying whatever I like!

SJ, i admire your resolve to give up all those foods, tea for me would definately be the hardest followed closely by cheese (love the stuff)

Totally agree that you NEED to be buying bags to compensate for the loss of food - so how will you do it then, will you allow yourself a new bag for every x amount of weight loss, or buy one now to help soften the news and then 1 for every x amount of weight loss?

Great thinking Flossie, having to buy a new wardrobe full of clothes - how exciting!

Good for you!! Hope everythings ok.
I put on about 5 stone with my first child (9 stone to just over 14) and ended up with gall stones...excellent diet (although not recommended) I went down to 8 stone in a few months!
You can still have dry roast potatoes and lots of veg....what about some nice stews in this cold weather.
Treat yourself to a new bag at every milestone you reach!!
Good luck

Rachiem that's amazing, i've still got a stubborn stone to lose and my baby's nearly 8 months (what's your secret?) :graucho:

SJ I went through a similar thing last year - had to avoid dairy and sugar, basically stick to unprocessed foods and eat fresh food. There is a couple of good cookbooks out there 'you are what you eat' etc. One thing I found as a good substitute for biscuits and cakes etc was oat cakes with banana mashed on them - very satisfying !
Once your body has gone through the initial de-tox stage when you first start to cut things out you will start to feel amazing - the first week is tough but after that you will feel so much better you won't want to go back to the high fat and sugary food.
I found it helpful to think of foods as toxic and non-toxic !
Home-made smoothies where you can control what goes in are great and will help with a sweet fix, there is lots of frozen fruit available at this time of year .....I could go on and on here ! PM me if you like !

Sj, I'm relieved for you that it's nothing serious but so sorry to hear about your new diet. I'd be one unhappy bunny if I had to cut out cheese. Can you have half-fat cheese?

I'm sure, like SHM says, that once you've gone through the first week on the diet you'll feel a million times better.

I say it's a very good idea to buy all the bags and new clothes you want. :tup:

Jo, I guess it's you and me

Ali- I'm still on a bag ban- enforced by DH really but seeing as there aren't any Mulberrries I'm craving for that's fine!!!

I'm sure you'll make up for it when the Autumn/Winter collection comes out! You're a winter colour girl like me - I can't believe I'm getting excited about the A/W collection already!

Etalb - I'll definitely have a look for a rose Mabel for you. I don't think I'll get to Shepton this week but probably early next week.

Shopaholicmum - there's no plan. It's just when & if a bag takes my fancy. We're flying out of Heathrow at the end of the month so I might have a look in duty free.

KLP - nope, no cheese at all. I'll be fine over here but when we get to France it'll be another matter, DH buys it by the kilo!

Ali-B - ocean blue is v different hue to the aqua. I could def live with both!

Ltd edition - thanks for the tips. The oat cakes & banana sound yum. I've been avoiding a lot of fruit thinking it was setting off acid reflux. I have a sweet tooth so I'll definitely be getting the smoothie maker out of the cupboard. I don't drink tea, coffee, fizzy drinks or alcohol but it's the chocolate bars & home made cakes that are my downfall.
I feel better already knowing what it is. I've been up in the middle of the night imagining all sorts of horrendous things.

OOOOOh, UPS man at the door. Mum's fuchsia Mabel has arrived......

SJ....do you have some sort of stones too?
Gall stones for me was more painful than having a baby!! I could eat nothing with any fat at all but towards the end, I could only take water (so had to have my gall bladder removed)
Rosemary Conley suffers with Gall stones which prompted her to design her fat free diet. That would be a good one to stick with (if you are suffering from stones)
She never eats a product that has more than 4% fat and this helps with her symptoms.
Good luck and remember to read the label or stick to good wholesome food.

^^Yes, it's gall stones but I have absolutely no pain. Dr thinks I'll be able to control it by diet.
I did the Rosemary Conley diet and lost 3 stone so I'll go back to eating how I did then but without joining her class!

SJ glad to hear its nothing serious I have been a vegan for nearly 30 years and I would say that its an excellent diet to follow obviously if you wanted to you could add some fish etc also you probably need to eat some sort of fats eg the good ones like extra virgin olive oil also you need essential fatty acids (omega 3 etc) you will benefit all round with a change of diet bet you will be feeling loads better have you tried the Manuka honey yet its more like a natural medicine really

Good to hear it is nothing seiriously wrong, and good luck in the diet. I wil try and support you as musch as I can.

I know wath you say about homemade cakes and chocolates. It is my big problem everytime I try to loose weight. I stop eating chocolate and In my head I say to myself, a homade cake is better than eating a bar of chocolate because If i want a homemade one I have to do it myself and that is a little exercise making it.. talk about stupid thinking...

^^Yes, it's gall stones but I have absolutely no pain. Dr thinks I'll be able to control it by diet.
I did the Rosemary Conley diet and lost 3 stone so I'll go back to eating how I did then but without joining her class!

Oh good luck...I had sickness and terrible stomach cramps with mine (but that was after eating things like Chineses and pringles followed by a trip to casualty and a dose of morphine).
It's a real incentive to loose weight though and it's good you've got a quick diagnosis. (It took months to diagnos mine as at 25 they kept telling me I was too young)!!
Stick to your diet and you'll soon feel so much better.