Comparison with YSL large College bag and Chanel Boy in new medium

Swedengirl

Jan 20, 2016
I just want to start by saying that I know that I am a very lucky girl to be able to have both these bags. I am not rich and I dont have a BF who buys me nice gifts ;(. I save and then I treat myself. The Chanel I bought pre-loved and the YSL new from their website.

I tought it might be interesting to somebody out there lusting for a Chanel but thinking that YSL College is a good replacement as its nowhere near as expensive as a Chanel.

I have the YSL collage bag in the Large size with black hw and the new medium Chanel Boy bag in gold hw. Here are my comments:

YSL:
doesnt go crossbody. Is super light and has great organisation Inside the bag with two open sections and one big zipped. Also it has a slip pocket on the backside. It has a short handle. Fits suprisingly lot. Magnetic closure that is hard to open (also a good point) and Im still struggling closing it exactly in the magnet. The flap is perfect size and not in the way.

Chanel:
can be worn three ways, Xbody, on shoulder and doubled. Its also super light. Has no organisation (!!) only a slim zipped pocket which i dont dare to use as it might bulk out on the back. Fits suprisingly small amount. Has a lock closening which is easy to open close. The flap is long and stiff.

If both my bags were stolen and I was to only buy one of them back (for same price as I bought Them for) I would buy the YSL mainly due to it having more space, the different compartments and the back slip pocket.

So forget about that Chanel and go for the YSL!

Pics below.

Reactions: ChicAndStylish

new_to_lv

O.G.
Jan 2, 2012
I was planning on buying a Chanel jumbo or maxi single flap (pre-loved of course), but now I start to think that I should get the ysl college bag instead [emoji848] I feel the YSL i more casual and fits better to my simple lifestyle. I have a medium classic flap already but it spends most of its time in the dustbag in the closet... [emoji23]
Your YSL looks great!!

Reactions: Nicolephp

Swedengirl

Jan 20, 2016
I was planning on buying a Chanel jumbo or maxi single flap (pre-loved of course), but now I start to think that I should get the ysl college bag instead [emoji848] I feel the YSL i more casual and fits better to my simple lifestyle. I have a medium classic flap already but it spends most of its time in the dustbag in the closet... [emoji23]
Your YSL looks great!!

The YSL is great, i use mine more than the Chanel mainly due to two reasons: i dont have to baby the YSL and it looks more casual not screaming luxury. I ordered a medium college in red that Will arrive later this week :smile: Will do a comparison between the large and medium also.

new_to_lv

O.G.
Jan 2, 2012
The YSL is great, i use mine more than the Chanel mainly due to two reasons: i dont have to baby the YSL and it looks more casual not screaming luxury. I ordered a medium college in red that Will arrive later this week :smile: Will do a comparison between the large and medium also.

Do you mean the "dark red"? It looks more like a bordeaux color, very pretty [emoji7]

Swedengirl

Jan 20, 2016