Comparison with College bag Large and Medium

Thank you for your detailed review! I was literally turned onto this bag by another TPFer comparing it to the LV Alma BB, and am liking what I see so far. I like the size of the large and wish it could be worn crossbody, because that is how I wear my bags most of the time.

I am also a xbody bag girl but I loved this bag too much not to buy it and I was so surprised that it sits so well on your shoulder and is so light. I absolutely love it and it's my favourite "non xbody" I have.

I am also a xbody bag girl but I loved this bag too much not to buy it and I was so surprised that it sits so well on your shoulder and is so light. I absolutely love it and it's my favourite "non xbody" I have.
I will have to try it, then. I was watching some reviews on Youtube, and one remarked that "if you don't like soft bags, this is not the bag for you" meaning the sides will soften and the bag will lose some of its shape. I am definitely a structured bag gal, so I am not sure if this is quite the bag for me, but it has a lot of appeal.

I will have to try it, then. I was watching some reviews on Youtube, and one remarked that "if you don't like soft bags, this is not the bag for you" meaning the sides will soften and the bag will lose some of its shape. I am definitely a structured bag gal, so I am not sure if this is quite the bag for me, but it has a lot of appeal.
I think the medium version might hold its shape better than the large.

i love your bags! Are you able to tell me the style number of the medium college bag? i ask because on the site there are two medium college bags with different demensions. also, the medium college bag on the site seems to be smaller at the top and wider at the bottom. your medium college bag looks like its a rectangle. i love yours!

Amazing review, thank you so much for doing it! Very helpful! One question: How does the black hardware hold up? Does it chip etc? Thanks in advance!

Sorry for late reply. My bag held up very good for long time but then one day I saw a small chip on the logo. I took pics and emailed YSL customer service and they sent a shipping to collect bag and fixed it within months. So yes it's prone to chipping but YSL was great at handling the issue once I raised it. Still love my bag!

Reactions: obscurity7
Still loving the large college bag? Curious if you've had additional trouble with the hardware? TIA

Hi, yes still loving my large college bag. Decided I used it more than my Chanel Boy (too afraid to use / too expensive) so I decided to let the Boy go and the collage is so much more useful. No additional trouble with the hardware and I always get compliments on the black with black when wearing.

Hi, yes still loving my large college bag. Decided I used it more than my Chanel Boy (too afraid to use / too expensive) so I decided to let the Boy go and the collage is so much more useful. No additional trouble with the hardware and I always get compliments on the black with black when wearing.
Even in 2018 your post is still relevant. The YSL College has proven to be a classic. I tried on medium and large, but I think I prefer the proportions of the large size more and the shorter strap is nice. I definitely think at some point in the future I’ll be adding a College bag to my collection. :smile:

Is the structure of your bag stilling holding up. Saw reviews on YouTube that over time the leather becomes soft and some loss of structure. Is your bag in lamb or calf? Thank you for the review, was very helpful.

Reactions: Swedengirl
Is the structure of your bag stilling holding up. Saw reviews on YouTube that over time the leather becomes soft and some loss of structure. Is your bag in lamb or calf? Thank you for the review, was very helpful.

Hi, yes my bag is still holding up really well. I have noticed zero sagging or softening to be honest. I’m not 100% sure but I would guess it’s calf as it said “metalasse leather” when I bought it.

Reactions: Miss World