Comparison pics Vermillion and Coquelicot

HeathJo

Sep 21, 2007
Here are some pics of a vermillion nano and a coquelicot nano side by side. There is a light shining down on them so they appear a bit muted, but hopefully you guys can at least see the difference between the two. (It was raining or else I would have taken outdoors.)

The Vermillion is definitely Orange with a bit of red undertones, and the Coq is bright red: brighter than the Fall Grainy and not even close to Lipstick IMHO.

The silver HW is very cool also!

Coq on the left, Vermillion on the right

052.jpg

050.jpg

Coq in natural light
023.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! Thanks for the comparison pics. Vermillion looks salmon-ish in color while corquelicot looks more coral. They are both beautiful though!

I know, they do look like that in the pics, but IRL the coq is like a bright rich berry red and the vermillion is bright orange, like a poppy color! If the weather was not so crappy I could go outside and take pics better pics, which I will do asap. The last pic of the coq is good, and the first one of them side-by-side up close is so-so.

I would almost say Vermillion comes as close as one can get to fluo without going over the edge. I guess the lights in our house have a very warm tone and brightness that reflect onto the bags. Now I feel like a goof!! Sorry guys, will correct asap.

I know, they do look like that in the pics, but IRL the coq is like a bright rich berry red and the vermillion is bright orange, like a poppy color! If the weather was not so crappy I could go outside and take pics better pics, which I will do asap. The last pic of the coq is good, and the first one of them side-by-side up close is so-so.

I would almost say Vermillion comes as close as one can get to fluo without going over the edge. I guess the lights in our house have a very warm tone and brightness that reflect onto the bags. Now I feel like a goof!! Sorry guys, will correct asap.

NP! I am sure your pics are still a whole lot better than those we see taken from the dept store or boutique floors where the lighting there makes it even harder to capture the true colors. I remember seeing stock pictures of the jungle and dune but when I go on here, they look completely different!

With the luggages being somewhat limited, it's almost impossible to compare multiple colors IRL, unless you are just getting the black, but even then with the texturized leather you won't know what you are getting until it is in your hot little hands. So thanks!:smile:

Like the Balenciaga Coquelicot Red, the Celine color is a "true" Red w/o any undertones. It's really gorgeous; just saw one IRL at Saks.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, i really love Coquelicot & i will be searching for the Micro through high & low. I already got the Bal Coq i that love so much, but Celine luggage would be a complete different beauty.

Thanks for the comparison shots! The Coquelicot is gorgeous!! Maybe it's just the pics, but the Vermillion looks a little like lipstick red to me.