Comparison photos of how Anthracite can vary in color and leather (lots of pics)

cracker

O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
I just got an Anthracite RH City. I have a GH Work that I love but I also wanted an RH City in the same color for more casual days. Much to my surprise, the two bags are a different color! Same tone but my Work is much more of a charcoal grey with blue undertones, whereas the City is much much darker; almost black color with blue in it. Here's some pics to show you how much Bbags can vary from one bag to another in both color and leather.

Here's a pic of my Anthracite GH Work

IMG_1865-1.jpg

Anthracite RH City

IMG_2496-1.jpg

Now side by side

IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

GOSH, there is a BIG difference! But I like both! I personally like distressed bags the best. Do you like your new City?

I love it! I especially love all the wrinkles. My GH Work has wrinkles on the front but the back is smooth. The City is wrinkley all over the place and so soft. I'm just surprised how much darker it is yet it's not quite black. I have a dilemma now though. I have a Black 05 Day also and I can't justify having two bags that are almost the same color plus the GH Work that I use in the place of black a lot. Maybe I'll do a poll on which to keep.

That's going to be a HARD choice to make! I have a black Day and I LOVE it! A Day and a City are so different in style are you sure you can't keep both!:graucho:

i remember asking you how the leather/color differs on the GH vs RH. apparently, there is a difference!

my anthracity is very similar to yours too, wrinkley distressed, and soft. it's amazing how anthracite changes colors. depending on the lighting and time of day, my anthracity morphs into these colors: almost black but softer...a smokey blue/gray...a deep teal blue/gray...a dark gray w/ just a hint of blue. i love it!

Wow! The leather on the city looks amazing! Both bags are gorgeous though. I'm really surprised that the colour varies so much - but hey that way it's easy to justify keeping them both :graucho:

Both gorgeous - I think I prefer anthracite with wrinklier leather - but the weird thing I see is that in the picture on its own the rh city looks very blue, almost more like ink, but in the comparison pictures it appears (to me at least) more green. How bizarre!:shrugs:

Wow, so different! I like the blue hue that Anthracite City has. And yet the another picture is different! I think you should keep both Black Day and Anthracite City!!!