Comparison of two new grays please?

LLANeedle

O.G.
Oct 5, 2007
Has anyone seen the new gray woven baseball hobo at the BV store and the same style in another gray that's exclusive to Neiman Marcus? They look so similar in their pictures. I already have a ferro sloane. As much as I like this new woven style I don't need two similarly colored bags. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Has anyone seen the new gray woven baseball hobo at the BV store and the same style in another gray that's exclusive to Neiman Marcus? They look so similar in their pictures. I already have a ferro sloane. As much as I like this new woven style I don't need two similarly colored bags. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I saw the new grey just in normal Nappa and I too have a Ferro Sloane. I didn't have my Sloane with me but they seem really close. I am thinking Ferro may have a hair more brown tones than New Grey. And I admit to being captivated by that. I am thinking about buying a large Veneta and comparing which shade I prefer. I'd return/sell the one I like less.

Isn't one of those grays metallic?
I also thought the woven cervo only came in metallic. It looked very dark to me but I don't know what ferro looks like irl. The new gray is a lot lighter than the gray woven metallic I saw. I saw the new gray cervo (the regular cervo) in NM at Stanford center on Tuesday. Of course, I may be totally confused as to the gray your are referring to.....

I have the bag. The grey only comes in metallic, which is a dark grey, basically a graphite. There is no other grey that this particular bag comes in and they are all metallic (bronze, expresso and grey).

Here's a close-up of the colour. Bear in mind there was a storm outside when I took the pic so the light is not great.

Attachments

• DSC_0418.jpg
    DSC_0418.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 261
It's obviously not their global exclusive otherwise I couldn't have bought one.
On NM's website it says the Gunmetal is their exclusive. However, exclusive can mean 3 things.

1. It's their on-line exclusive
2. A US exclusive
3. A department store exclusive not including BV

I checked with Joyce in Atlanta and they both are the same bag.......so I have no idea what a NM exclusive means in this case. However, knowing it's heavier, thank you Papertiger, is a concern for me. My BF keeps reminding me the reason I don't carry my ferro sloane is that I find gray bags difficult to pair up with my clothing.......guess I'm on the fence with this one.

I've seen both bags, the NM and the the boutique's version, and can confirm that it is the same bag. The color is very similar to Ardoise but being metallic it has more sheen.