Comparison of the Goatskin vs NVT leather Bayswater?

Hi there- I have two bays in polished goatskin- they are much lighter than NVT a bit more structured though I wouldnt say that much as the goatskin is a lovely soft feeling leather- the big plus for me is that is it so easy to care for- rain just runs off it and it never seems to mark or scratch- I am very biased as goatskin is my all time fav leather- what colours are you looking at? Blueberry or mushroom?

Oh, call me boring, but I'm going for the classic black! I think I prefer accent colors, like the blueberry, in smaller bags, but the mushroom is a divine neutral :biggrin:

I think it is a very personal thing as I didn't like my goatskin bays as it quickly became soft and squashy and lost it's shape whereas my NVT bays hold their shape more. I think the fact that you have two opposing opinions (elvis I will fight you later ok?) emphasises the fact that you need to try both before you buy.

That is so interesting! You are the first to report that the Goatskin is actually less structured than the regular Bays!

Hi, goatskin's often shinier, and feels stiffer to me. It also doesn't absorb rain in the same way and has proved hard to mark. It feels less likely to scuff too. I tend to throw my goat bays around much more than I would an NVT and so i use it everyday. Saying that, rather than either, give me darwin anytime!

For me its NVT or Printed VT - I prefer the matte finish and more rigid feel of NVT. To me, NVT is THE classic Mulberry leather and I love that.

Goatksin is def more easy to care for and far less maintenance than NVT. Plus you get brighter colour options.

If you can get to an Outlet - you will see all the leathers and can compare them. In Bays, I think we must up to a choice of about 10 leathers - all with pros/cons.

Good luck - enjoy such a wonderful decision!

Thank you for your advice! You are now the 2nd Bays owner who has told me that the NVT leather holds up more firmly than the Goatskin. Hmmm...the SAs in the NYC Boutiques all swear the opposite!
I wish that the US had outlets, but no such luck...

It will hopefully be here sometime next week so not too long to wait! Though the anticipation is killing me!

Sorry ilovemulberry, didn't mean to hijack your thread! I promise to give you a detailed review of my goatskin beauty when it arrives!

It will hopefully be here sometime next week so not too long to wait! Though the anticipation is killing me!

Sorry ilovemulberry, didn't mean to hijack your thread! I promise to give you a detailed review of my goatskin beauty when it arrives!

No worries! I'm just amused by our little world here because she told me that she had sold it to a lady in the UK! I can't wait to hear your review of it...:smile: