Comparison of 17S SO Boy with 17P Shiny Caviar Boy

coleab5

O.G.
Oct 22, 2009
Hi everyone! My 17S SO black boy just arrived and I thought it would be helpful to provide comparison pictures with the 17P shiny caviar. I purchased the shiny caviar when it was first released but I never loved it so it has stayed in my closet in its original wrappings. When I saw a picture of the SO boy, I fell in love immediately and was able to track one down at NM. It just arrived today and I am in love!! I apologize for the terrible pictures but I just got home from work and wanted to take some comparison shots before the shiny caviar boy gets returned tomorrow. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions!
IMG_1488339794.999867.jpgIMG_1488339805.951416.jpgIMG_1488339817.069497.jpgIMG_1488339833.305032.jpg

Nice to hear you like the so black! I have the 17P blue and have unfortunately found some defective chipping. I may bring back for credit.... I have this boy on route to me and will be getting tomorrow.

Nice to hear you like the so black! I have the 17P blue and have unfortunately found some defective chipping. I may bring back for credit.... I have this boy on route to me and will be getting tomorrow.

Oh no! The chipping was another reason why I decided to return the shiny caviar boy bag. I think you should definitely return it for credit.

Thank you for sharing with us the comparison pictures! It is very helpful for us. :biggrin:

One glance they look the same, but i love how the grained lambskin has that lambskin 'sheen' & elegance + rigid-feel from the grainy texture. The black hardware is stunning too!:heart:

Im looking forward to hear how it held up, so far it looks promosing. :nuts:

Is the texture of the 17S ✨grained lambskin✨ on your so-black Boy significantly different than the texture of the grained calfskin on the 17P Boy that you are returning?

I am anxious to see how this new leather compares in real life as I have never touched a Chanel handbag in grained lambskin before. Unless I am mistaken, I believe 17S is the first time we are seeing Chanel release handbags in grained lambskin.

✨✨Congratulations on your so-black Boy!!✨✨ :flowers:

Is the texture of the 17S [emoji92]grained lambskin[emoji92] on your so-black Boy significantly different than the texture of the grained calfskin on the 17P Boy that you are returning?

I am anxious to see how this new leather compares in real life as I have never touched a Chanel handbag in grained lambskin before. Unless I am mistaken, I believe 17S is the first time we are seeing Chanel release handbags in grained lambskin.

[emoji92][emoji92]Congratulations on your so-black Boy!![emoji92][emoji92] :flowers:

Hi there! I would say the texture of the leathers is very different in real life. Even my husband (who is the least observant person in the world) acknowledged that they looked very different. He thought the shiny caviar looked like it had a coating on it, while the SO was more matte. I personally love the leather on the SO boy! I hope you like it.

Reactions: Plumeria233