comparison issues (YSL & burberry beauty content)

ashleyroe

back from a hiatus!
Aug 26, 2009
alright, so i have burberry lip cover in delicate rose.

it's a fleshy pink/nude color. alittle bit hard to describe (&my photot isn't the best) some i'm hoping someone who has both can help me til i actually go to the store and take a look for myself.

i was about to order a rouge volupte and got very confused.
i really don't want to end up with an extact same shade i already have.

i was looking at: nude beige, sensual silk, and lingerie pink.
but the more i looked at swatches the more they all seemed to look the same. (&i tried using karlasugar.net to help me)

my burberry delicate rose is a shade or two lighter/pinker than my lips. so it kinda washes them out. i looked at swatches of lingerie pink and it seemed to do the same for many women. but to me nude beige seems to look exactly like my burberry one. but then! i looked at swatches of sensual silk and i couldn't tell the difference!

ugh.

so the only other thing to do would bring my burberry with me to nordies or something and compare with these three lovely lip sticks and then compare them on me.

here's some attached photos courteousy of google. any input is welcomed!
(attached photos are in order of nude beige, pink, and silk)

my burberry delicate rose:
DSCN1638.jpg

Attachments

• ysl_nude.png
    ysl_nude.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 796
  • ysl_pink.png
    ysl_pink.png
    79 KB · Views: 776
  • ysl_silk.png
    ysl_silk.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 841
lingerie pink is a very pale (blue?) pink, if you don't want something that will wash you out, i'd say skip this, i know it doesn't wash everybody out but your burberry lipstick looks gorgeous and not so pale, if it washes you out, chances are this will.

nude beige, based on what i gather since i'm interested in this too, is a nude-pink. I think it's slightly lighter than your burberry.

sensual silk is nude beige (weird how this lipstick matches the name of the other lipstick right?). it has very little pink to it. at least that's what i understand.

somebody please correct me if i'm wrong because i don't have these 4 lipsticks, this is just my opinion from looking at multiple swatches and reading quite a few sites. I don't really know what you're looking for, out of the three, I think I love nude beige most, but if you're worried it will be too close to your burberry, i'd say get the sensual silk. HTH :smile:

my picture of delicate rose isn't very acurate. it's a peachy color and it looks more pink here. i'm gonna try to swatch all four on my hand when i go to the store and get a photo so you guys can see.

here's a photo of burberry delicate rose on me, so that you can see why i think they all look so similar...

attachment.php

so far i'm pretty sure i'm going to go with sensual silk.

i'm actually looking for something more nude colored because in direct sunlight the burberry turns vibrant pink.
but i've recently seen another YSL shade that caught my attention.

Attachments

• bur_delicate.jpg
    bur_delicate.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 710
nude beige is quite a pinky nude where as sensual silk is a darker more brown nude imo. Lingerie pink is a pretty bright pink imo and isn't the easiest colour to wear even though it is a nice shade. If you are looking for more of a your lips shade I would go with sensual silk.

nude beige is quite a pinky nude where as sensual silk is a darker more brown nude imo. Lingerie pink is a pretty bright pink imo and isn't the easiest colour to wear even though it is a nice shade. If you are looking for more of a your lips shade I would go with sensual silk.

that exactly what i'm thinking, thanks.

so i am in complete awe, but also very happy! on how very very different these two colors really are.

in my head senual silk and delicate rose looked the same.

but when you actually get them in person and side by side they are completely unrelateble.

even in sephora i was questioning senual silk. i was so afraid it matched my burberry one. but how wrong was i?!

so here's my side by side of YSL senual silk and burberry delicate rose.

DSCN1933.jpg

i don't think any of the colors i had in mind actually match it.
nude beige might be close. i'm still going to get that one and lingerie pink.

i'm also looking at opera pink. in sephora it looked almost neon pink. but i have come to notice sephora lighting is tricky and has fooled me more than once. the swatches i've seen show a deeper pink. so if anyone has opera rose, please post a swatch or a comparison. thanks!

so i am in complete awe, but also very happy! on how very very different these two colors really are.

in my head senual silk and delicate rose looked the same.

but when you actually get them in person and side by side they are completely unrelateble.

even in sephora i was questioning senual silk. i was so afraid it matched my burberry one. but how wrong was i?!

so here's my side by side of YSL senual silk and burberry delicate rose.

DSCN1933.jpg

i don't think any of the colors i had in mind actually match it.
nude beige might be close. i'm still going to get that one and lingerie pink.

i'm also looking at opera pink. in sephora it looked almost neon pink. but i have come to notice sephora lighting is tricky and has fooled me more than once. the swatches i've seen show a deeper pink. so if anyone has opera rose, please post a swatch or a comparison. thanks!

I don't have opera pink so I can't really help but can you please post pic of the sensual silk on your lips? I'd love to see it, thanks!!