Comparing the new soft tote to the old…the new is the winner!

Hi swezfamily,

Can you share your view now that you've had it for a few months? Is your view still the same?

I am considering this as travel tote and wonder if the two side pockets will stick out if you put things in the middle zipped compartment

Yes, thank goodness for that. Instead of compliments, I'd be hearing "Why do you need another bag? They all look the same."

I did figure out why he likes the Dior better. It's lamb skin and the Chanel is caviar. So, although he doesn't care about bags at all, he does prefer lamb skin to caviar leather. I think he's more of a bag snob than he would care to admit. Ha!

Hi swezfamily,

Can you share your view now that you've had it for a few months? Is your view still the same?

I am considering this as travel tote and wonder if the two side pockets will stick out if you put things in the middle zipped compartment

I am still loving this bag! My only complaint would be the weight due to the heavy leather and metal chains. My other go to travel bag is a canvas LV Batignolles which weighs next to nothing, but the Dior is just so much prettier and classier. I most recently used it for a trip to Europe where we walked a lot everyday. I did find that I had to take a break from the Dior on some days and instead used a small crossbody.

The middle compartment is wide and that's where I put my bulky things like wallet, planner, cosmetic pouch, sunglasses case, etc. I have used it for flying/travel and have had the middle compartment packed to the gills, including a cashmere blanket and socks for the flight, and it does not cause the outer compartments to stick out at all.

I think that the outer pockets would only stick out if you put bulky things in them. They are slim and I use them for keys, kleenex packet, checkbook, paperwork, passport, and other small/slim things.

Good luck making a decision!

Thank you so much!!! I will go to the store and give it another try!!!

I am still loving this bag! My only complaint would be the weight due to the heavy leather and metal chains. My other go to travel bag is a canvas LV Batignolles which weighs next to nothing, but the Dior is just so much prettier and classier. I most recently used it for a trip to Europe where we walked a lot everyday. I did find that I had to take a break from the Dior on some days and instead used a small crossbody.

The middle compartment is wide and that's where I put my bulky things like wallet, planner, cosmetic pouch, sunglasses case, etc. I have used it for flying/travel and have had the middle compartment packed to the gills, including a cashmere blanket and socks for the flight, and it does not cause the outer compartments to stick out at all.

I think that the outer pockets would only stick out if you put bulky things in them. They are slim and I use them for keys, kleenex packet, checkbook, paperwork, passport, and other small/slim things.

Good luck making a decision!

I wanted to post a couple of modeling shots since when I was researching this bag, I couldn't find any. This is the new zippered style tote in the medium size. I was surprised to find out how small the small one is when I got a chance to visit the boutique.

Excuse the poor pic quality. I think we have fluorescent lights in my dressing area because my pics always look yellow.

I wanted to show that the base of the new style is maybe an inch or more narrower in width when compared to the old style. The handle drop is exactly the same. For reference I'm 5'6".

:smile: beautiful bag and it looks great on you. Thanks for sharing