Comparing the Linear Stud leathers... which is best?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This weekend I came across a Linear Stud Darling in ivory and thought it was incredible, and actually smooshy despite the studs, which is what I'm looking for in a hobo. But I can't afford full price at the moment and I was worried about the light color. So when I saw two LS Darlings in camel at NR today, I could barely get to them fast enough! But sadly both of these were stiff, no smoosh at all, so I passed despite the great price.

Does anyone know how the royal and black leathers compare to the ivory and camel as far as softness goes? Or should I give up on the idea of a smooshy studded bag and hunt for a Linear Stud Flame instead?

2. The black is black cat leather which is incredibly soft and smooshy. The blue is royal, smooth and buttery soft. There is also brown, which is a little stiffer, but breaks in nicely like I'm sure camel would with use. I have the brown on my flame and I have to say it's starting to soften well! :biggrin:

3. I love the way the studs look on the Royal leather. There's just something about it. I think smoosh wise go Black or Royal. Good luck!

4. I own the Black (which I believe is Black Cat) Linear stud Darling and it is sooooooooo soft and smooshy!!! I HIGHLY suggest this one for smoosh factor :cloud9:

5. I'm seriously drooling over these descriptions of the black cat leather! And it sounds like the royal is a good choice too. I was just so disappointed at how much stiffer the camel was than the ivory.

Does the royal make a good "neutral" color? I pretty much live in jeans and I have a lot of black shoes. Does it work well with denim and black accessories? Maybe black would be the safer bet.

6. I'm seriously drooling over these descriptions of the black cat leather! And it sounds like the royal is a good choice too. I was just so disappointed at how much stiffer the camel was than the ivory.

Does the royal make a good "neutral" color? I pretty much live in jeans and I have a lot of black shoes. Does it work well with denim and black accessories? Maybe black would be the safer bet.

7. I used to own the Royal stud nikki and the leather is TDF. It's thick, chewy and smooshy. I personally think it's a great neutral that goes with everything. Good Luck!

8. I had a Camel bag and it is stiffer than the Black Cat and Royal. I think you can't go wrong with either! Royal would be a nice pop of color against black (but I love blue and black together)

9. Looks like my decision was made for me!

After the stiff camels at NR, the cheapest new Linear Stud Flame or Darling I had come across was a Black Cat LS Darling at The Hip Chick. When I liked them on Facebook today to get a coupon code, I discovered they were located right down the street from me in Austin. So I ran down there after work and got to check it out in person. The Black Cat leather is amazing! The bag totally smooshed the way I wanted it to. Of course we know how this story ends :biggrin: Pics on the way...

10. Yeah!! ^^^ Black Cat Linear Stud Flame is amazing! Here is my Linear Stud Collection Pics.

[​IMG]