Comparing Blood Orange to Sanguine

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello, TPFers! I have a questiion for your discerning eyes. I already own a Kara necklace in Blood Orange Niloticus Lizard. I also have a Micro Rivale, GHW, in Blood Orange Swift. They go together harmoniously enough. I would like to add a bag to this mix.

I'm just not THAT charmed by the Double Sens, even though I've seen one in Blood Orange/Pearl Gray on h.com. Do any of you think that a bag in Sanguine Clemence would work?

2. Blood Orange and Sanguine are the same color. Blood Orange is just the English translation.

bobkat1991 likes this.
  3. Yes they are the same
    Except different types leathers the effect most time varies

bobkat1991 likes this.
  4. Exactly.
    A very nice color indeed.The slight variations according to leather will only add a touch of sophistication if you like to make an all Sanguine look !

bobkat1991 likes this.
  5. Thank you, all three of you! I feel like smacking my forehand with my head and shouting "dumbkoff" at myself......can I claim it was a senior moment when I forgot to check the French to English translation? Pretty please?

Added: oh my! I went to look up the definition of sanguine and found this as the number one definition
    "optimistic or positive, especially in an apparently bad or difficult situation". I have that mentally tatooed on my forehead...Little Miss Sunshine!

tabbi001, Nerja and perlerare like this.
  6. The etymology of the word's actually really interesting. It really just means related to blood, or in French blood-colored, which is why the fruit is called "sanguine"...but using it to reflect temperament has to do with old beliefs about strength and emotions actually being related to your blood.
    No senior moment at all, it's a bit confusing - but always good to be sanguine about it ;)

DH sucker and bobkat1991 like this.
  7. How interesting! In addition to having the Little Miss Sunshine personality, I rarely wear makeup because my cheeks get all rosy when I am with people I like! Yes....always good to be sanguine, indeed.

8. Which bag did you get? Pictures please!

9. I just wanted to thank all of you for clearing up my muddled thinking - older brain can be quite the challenge to steer around with! I wound up buying a GM Picotin Lock in Sanguine Clemence, pre loved!

10. I didn't see your question until just now. I will post pictures of BOTH my Picotins once I receive this one, OK?

tabbi001 likes this.