Compare our Olive to our Apple greens

Can we do a comparison of our Olives to our Apples? Hopefully help out anyone contemplating making a choice of purchase.

I'll go first, I bought an Apple green Phoebe when they first came out and used her all the time, she was never in her dustbag, I then bought a Roxanne in Olive pre-owned and she had had a hard life, here is how they look now several years on, they have both had coats of colonil and yesterday a woly cream treatment.

I'm happier with the Olive TBH as look how much the Apple has altered in the pic with the front pocket lifted :faint:

Thanks for the pics, it's really interesting to see how olive ages. Your olive Roxy looks sort of brownish, is that right?

My olive Ledbury is gorgeous but the leather is greener under the flap. I was hoping it would turn a darker green as it ages but I guess only time will tell!

Attachments

• olive-ledbury-9.jpg
    olive-ledbury-9.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 74
Yikes, I hope my apple green Tyler doesn't go all brown like that. It has aged to bright olive so far.
picture.php

This is my Olive Pheobe

DSCF0450.jpg

I've had it about 6 months, but was pre-owned. There is some slight colour difference if you look at the hidden areas, but not much. IRL it looks more green, but not quite so vibrant as Klp's Ledbury

KLP yep the Olive has gone quite 'brownish' in places, but it isn't totally even, I must admit I actually like how it has gone as it gives it a real depth of colour, plus you can see straight away the bag is the real deal due to the leather now. That is one thing I really like about a couple of the colours over Oak or Black, I have difficulty sometimes telling a fake in those colours.

Not so impressed with the Apple, don't get me wrong, I love that bag, partly as it was my first Mulberry but I ploughed in to get it when it first came out as I loved the colour and didn't want to miss out and then it has altered soooo much! Even the purse that hubby bought me to match now doesn't, as it spent so much of its life inside the bag. Do they expect us to never actually use these bags and just keep them in their dustbags???

Can I pipe in about the differences between olive and olive? I truly never realized how different they could be until I purchased a second olive Rosemary recently.

Indoors:
2d7emhl.jpg

Outdoors:
28sarli.jpg

Rear view:
jiyyig.jpg

The photos still aren't quite accurate. The darker Rosy doesn't have any hint of brown in it, it's really quite a rich dark green, whereas the smooth olive is very, well, olive.

Mini, I love the darker of your two olive rosemarys, it looks really squishy and well, just lovely! Are you going to get two of everything now? :nuts:

Actually the pictures of the darker olive Rosy do not do the bag justice. It seriously is a rich colour with no hint of brown. I couldn't pass up the smooth olive Rosemary so I bought it, thinking I might choose one of the two and then sell one on, but now I don't think I can, I love them both, they are so different. Rather than hijack this thread (sorry MulberryRoxanne) I'll create a separate thread with more pics.

^^Bev, you had an olive Bays and you sold it?! How dare you?! Just kidding lol. I saw one once and it's what got me lusting after olive in the first place. It was simply gorgeous!

Olive Bays sounds delicious...

Here's my olive Roxy

picture.php

picture.php

It's quite greenish/olive in daylight, but have gone browner from the original colour. Seems to be about the same colour as your Ledbury, Klp. Under the straps and the hidden flap is much greener. I bought it new in Mars (or was it April..), but it had been on display in the store for quite a while.

Can I pipe in about the differences between olive and olive? I truly never realized how different they could be until I purchased a second olive Rosemary recently.

Indoors:
2d7emhl.jpg

Outdoors:
28sarli.jpg

Rear view:
jiyyig.jpg

The photos still aren't quite accurate. The darker Rosy doesn't have any hint of brown in it, it's really quite a rich dark green, whereas the smooth olive is very, well, olive.

Their gorgeous, Mini! I especially love your smooshy dark green one!