Compagnon vs. Mini Compagnon

bedhead

O.G.
May 15, 2007
I have a Mini Compagnon wallet that I carry daily, no matter which bag I'm carrying. It fits easily inside my Firsts, which are the bags I usually carry on a daily basis. I found a lovely Compagnon in one of my HG colors and I'm thinking of getting it, but I'm not sure if it will work inside a First or if it'll be too big for me.

So, my questions are: does anyone here own both (or owned both in the past)? If so, which do you find more useful for daily carrying? I know the Compagnon is only 3" wider than the Mini Compagnon, so it should fit in the First with no problem, but if you have a Compagnon and carry it in your First, can you tell me how you like it? Is it too bulky or just right?

My apologies if this has been asked before - I did a number of searches and didn't find this particular question.

I have both but don't carry the first very often so I'm not sure whether I can help you. The compagnon will fit into the first (I only have a fbf but imagine the first is similar in size) but of course it'll take up more room. It's quite flat though, esp if you don't stuff it full, so it should work. I'm not sure that you'd be happy with a compagnon if you're used to the mini, it's quite a lot bigger and different to operate. I wouldn't carry it on a day to day basis if the ni compagnon was enough for my daily needs. I use my compagnon mainly as a travel wallet, sometimes instead of the money which is my day to day wallet. HTH.

The mini compagnon is the top wallet and the compagnon is the VT bottom one if I am correct. I LOVE the Vert Thyme one. I was not a fan of the smaller one. I don't carry a lot of credit cards but it wasn't big enough for my needs. With that being said I am a fan of the "first" style and it holds the compagnon with no problem! I will try to find a picture with what's in my bag.

attachment.php

Compared to the Mini Money
attachment.php

Last edited:
The top wallet is the real coin wallet. The bottom wallet is the mini compagnon. The regular compagnon is longer then the money wallet.

The mini compagnon is the top wallet and the compagnon is the VT bottom one if I am correct. I LOVE the Vert Thyme one. I was not a fan of the smaller one. I don't carry a lot of credit cards but it wasn't big enough for my needs. With that being said I am a fan of the "first" style and it holds the compagnon with no problem! I will try to find a picture with what's in my bag.

attachment.php

Compared to the Mini Money
attachment.php

ejsc55: The VT one is a mini compagnon, even though it's not that miniature! The small one on the top of your photo looks like the coin wallet, which I had at one time and found to be too small. I currently have the one that is the same size as your VT (which is lovely, by the way). This is the one I have:

attachment.php

The one I am asking about is this larger version of that, which is a longer zip-around wallet:

attachment.php

I just looked back through my old collection thread and found this photo. I bought this violet Compagnon a while ago and subsequently sold it because I never used it - not because I thought it was too big, but I think I was just not carrying much stuff around on a daily basis because I worked from home. Now I go to an office every day so I carry more cards and cash.

drati, I was thinking that the Compagnon would be good to use as a travel wallet. It has more compartments that would be good for keeping receipts, money, etc. I find that my Mini gets a little stuffed and too fat at times, and was thinking that since the larger Compagnon allows cash and other papers to lie flat, it won't get bulky so fast. Do you find that to be the case?

Thanks for your help, ladies!

When I travel I tend to carry the mini compagnon as my wallet (cash, credit cards, receipts -- I find it a great size for that) and then use the compagnon for passport, tickets, frequent flyer cards, vouchers etc. That works well for me and when I don't need my passport etc I can just leave the compagnon behind.

Sometimes (quite often) the compagnon isn't big enough as when we travel as a family I have to carry everybody's passport. Then I use the travel clutch/wallet (not a bal, sadly). But I always bring my compagnon as I use it when we're at our destination and I only need to carry my id and documents, not everybody else's.

Does this help? To be honest, if you like the first I'd try to stick with the mini compagnon. Unless you need the extra capacity the compagnon offers.

^^^ Your purple compagnon was gorgeous, btw! What colour are you looking at purchasing? And what colour is your mini compagnon? I have an 06 grey one and adore it.

I can take a pic of my compagnon and mini compagnon side by side if that would be helpful.

Ok I got it now :P You know if you already had one and sold it chances are you probably wont get too much use from it. What color are you looking for? I have to say the VT one I have I love! I had a Money Wallet and it is about the same size in terms of length of the reg size compagnon and I too sold mine b/c it didn't get used that much.

I'm looking at a Rouge Theatre Compagnon, and the Mini I have is the 06 Grey pictured above. RT is my favorite Bal color of all time.

drati, thanks for your description of how you use yours! I think I might actually get more use out of it now than I did when I had the 07 Violet in the photo. It seems like it would work well for travel for me.

I think I will get it, and of course will post photos of it next to my Mini. Thanks!