Compact Wallet - Which would pick

nyc_hou_mia

Dec 26, 2018
Trying to figure out which wallet I like best. The Uptown one also comes in gorgeous black and white but my concern with that one is that its a smooth leather and I really want something more durable. The two below are both grain de poudre.

Does anyone have one of these, whats your experience? I’m also worried that with the Uptown one the envelope look will be pretty beat up from everyday use and the constant opening/closing.
CDA4110E-133B-4048-8274-744EE963152A.jpegF811AA20-BB0C-4C29-95EB-C937BE905485.jpegEAAB6D27-C5A7-4ECE-97AD-203284D58273.jpegA7AA047C-3905-4C53-ADAB-4C8DDD03CA2E.jpeg

Trying to figure out which wallet I like best. The Uptown one also comes in gorgeous black and white but my concern with that one is that its a smooth leather and I really want something more durable. The two below are both grain de poudre.

Does anyone have one of these, whats your experience? I’m also worried that with the Uptown one the envelope look will be pretty beat up from everyday use and the constant opening/closing.
View attachment 5301895View attachment 5301896View attachment 5301897View attachment 5301898
This is a trip, lol. I like the chevron on the first but I also love the envelope style on the 2nd one. Decisions, Decisions.

View attachment 5301895View attachment 5301896View attachment 5301897View attachment 5301898

Aesthetically, I personally prefer the first option (chevron). That being said - and I hate to be a debbie downer - but I would never recommend a YSL wallet to anyone. I purchased my wallet (monogram zipped card case in grain de poudre) at the end of 2020, and despite using it very infrequently, there is considerable wear at all four of the corners, as well as chipped glazing by the top of the billfold area. It’s a beautiful wallet, but the quality is extremely disappointing.

• Sad
Reactions: HavPlenty
I have zip card case in sea salt from almost a year and a half ago. It is grained leather and it still looks very pristine. I use it sparingly because the card slots are really rigid. They still haven't stretched out as much as I'd like so I can't fit all my cards. Also, the zipped part is a little too small to put cash, unless you like to fold it more than two times which I do not like. I also have a Saint Laurent woc in smooth leather. No problems at all with wear and tear or scratching.

I got the Monogram small envelope wallet in mix matelassé in black with the gold hardware. It’s her thrown around a lot, used and abused and it still looks incredible.

Looked at the uptown as that was the one I originally was interest in but when I saw the one I got, it massively won me over.

Saw the monogram one on person and was going to buy it but decided to wait. It was perfect, compact and slim, yet it can hold all the essentials. In my opinion, it's the better option if you want slim.

Reactions: nyc_hou_mia
Aesthetically, I personally prefer the first option (chevron). That being said - and I hate to be a debbie downer - but I would never recommend a YSL wallet to anyone. I purchased my wallet (monogram zipped card case in grain de poudre) at the end of 2020, and despite using it very infrequently, there is considerable wear at all four of the corners, as well as chipped glazing by the top of the billfold area. It’s a beautiful wallet, but the quality is extremely disappointing.
Wow, that’s really unfortunate! My YSL card case in grain de poudre has been my everyday wallet for the last 2 years and I have no issues. Is it a glazing issue maybe?

I have zip card case in sea salt from almost a year and a half ago. It is grained leather and it still looks very pristine. I use it sparingly because the card slots are really rigid. They still haven't stretched out as much as I'd like so I can't fit all my cards. Also, the zipped part is a little too small to put cash, unless you like to fold it more than two times which I do not like. I also have a Saint Laurent woc in smooth leather. No problems at all with wear and tear or scratching.
Thanks! I think I’m going to go with monogram one. Theres also a pocket for cash so I think I’ll just use the zipper part for coins.

Reactions: coniglietta