Comodynes Self-Tanning Towelettes- any opinions?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Just purchased Comodynes Self-Tanning Towelettes on a recomendation from my stylist as I want to cut back on my tanning bed habit. Any reviews, both good or bad are very welcome. I value your upinions. Any other brands you might recommend? Thanks so much ladies!

2. Oh, and how do I use these...for ym face only, or on my arms, legs etc. Im a newbie to the fake bake. Any advise?

3. I have never used the Conmodynes tan towels, buy love their makeup removal wipes (they are cheapest at Trader Joe's). As for other brands, I LOVE LOVE LOVE St. Tropez whipped bronze mousse. The whole line is AMAZING, and a far better alternative to tanning beds, which scare me to death. I bet that you would love gorgeous with the St. Tropez. :smile:

I use the fake bake everywhere. Here's my tips for the St. Tropez from my review on MUA (I only use it in summer, since I stay away from the sun because I have melasma):

Love this stuff! It is the best product of its class on the market by far...if you have the patience for this, it is wonderful, and leaves you with a natural-looking, long-lasting tan.
    Tips: wear a pair of latex/plastic gloves to put this on, and apply while standing on top of an old towel. I always exfoliate and mositurize before putting on (Buffy the Backside Slayer by Lush works very well for this, as it exfoliates and moisturizes at the same time thus saves you a step). Don't be afraid to apply a thick layer of St. Tropez, and use a long-handled sponge (some of the St. Tropez products come with one) to reach the middle of your back or any other parts that are tough to reach. You can also use the sponge to blend if you wish (but don't worry about too much blending -- this product's great that way). I always take off the gloves last and use the product that's left on the sponge to blend a bit onto the backs of my hands.
    Let yourself "dry off" for a bit (about 15-20 min.), and then put on a pair of old pajamas...don't worry, this stuff will get on your sheets and nightclothes, but it does come off in the laundry easily. And don't be freaked out by the smell (reminiscent of soy sauce, and it fades) or the dark color (merely a color guide; the final result is not so dark, and not anywhere near a nasty orange). Take a shower as usual in the morning, and enjoy the natural-looking tan. Like I said, this takes a bit of practice, but it's worth the time and price! It's the HG of self tanners!

PS: The tan remover product that this brand sells is also great! I would recommend buying both at dermstore.com...if you set up a free "favorites" account and put them on your list, it's an automatic 10% off -- and they do free shipping, great CS!