Commiserate with me-- boys don't like me

Doodles78

Jun 18, 2014
NY
What is it about boy bags? I have classic flaps and reissues, and really love the way boys look on other people, so I keep trying them on in different iterations. And they all look terrible on me. Not cool or cute at all. Anyone else have this "problem"? Is it just some people can't pull it off?!
Signed,
Boy Trouble

Bisoux78

Jul 26, 2012
Strawberry Fields
What is it about boy bags? I have classic flaps and reissues, and really love the way boys look on other people, so I keep trying them on in different iterations. And they all look terrible on me. Not cool or cute at all. Anyone else have this "problem"? Is it just some people can't pull it off?!
Signed,
Boy Trouble
LOL...They look horrid on my frame too. They look chunky on me and it makes me look boxy. Love them on other people though :flowers:

Dextersmom

Dec 5, 2015
Signed,
Boy Trouble
Me too!! I love my Reissue, Mini's and WOC's. I also love the look of Boy's, have tried a few on, and no, they just look plain silly on me. I will keep admiring them on others and stick to what works for me. Though I just thought of this, two of my WOC's are in the Boy style and I love them. It must just be the proportions. :smile::heart:

Sourisbrune

Peace!
May 30, 2015
West Coast, USA; Paris; Monaco
Signed,
Boy Trouble
Yes, I also have 'Boy' problems. I look awkward in Boy bags and double flap Classics, regardless of color, textile or hardware. They're too rounded on the top. I look like I'm carrying a dictionary on a chain.
I'm 5'9-5'10 and have a medium build- Boy WOCs work for me (they look the right proportionate size) and I just bought a single flap Jumbo that works well, too. I think it's because it's tapered on top.

Reactions: Doodles78

steffy000

Feb 11, 2014
I have this problem too! I also didn't start out liking them but have warmed up to them so I think that's an issue too, do I really love the bag for the price. Notably I have passed on a few that utterly haunt me, a yellow python with shiny silver hardware and a tweed burgundy and velvet that was so luxe. The most recent one I tried was red with gold hardware and it did look weird on me, I'm also tall and athletic so maybe it's my body type.

LVjudy

big purse, big heart
O.G.
Jan 3, 2009
VA
Yes!!! I've tried them on a few times & hv decided they're just not for me which sux bc I adore them. I'll stick to my classic flaps & will continue to admire the boys from afar [emoji22]

Chanel7Chanel

Chanel addicts :)
Apr 29, 2014
I like boys on my friends but not on me. I have tried them on at the stores and never worked on me and don't know why and cant solve the misteries yet. I stick with my classics and reissues and just cant imagine i would ever go with boy but who knows someday it might changes....

mfa87

May 28, 2015
CA/London
I also don't like boy bags on me. Even trying to walk with it on is awkward cause it keeps falling off and the body of the bag just keep twisting/ wobbling left and right.