Comments on your expensive bags?

Di 623

Jun 13, 2013
Wasn't sure if there was already a thread like this, but I figured I'd start one.

Of course we all get the comments from our husbands, BFs, friends, etc. about our growing bag collections.

But what kind of comments do you receive from everyone else? Are they mostly positive? Or do you get the backhanded compliments, i.e. "Oh how much did THAT cost?!"

Usually I get compliments on the unique colors (I don't tend to stay with neutral bags). But I also tend to get backhanded compliments rather frequently, usually regarding price. Which to me, is silly, It's not like I'm getting a different $3,000 handbag every month. They're Dooneys, for crying out loud, lol. And they're always on sale (not like I need to justify it to anyone, but that's how I'm able to get them).

Feel free to vent here!

I get the negative comments from family and friends. It's always... "Why would u pay that much money for a purse? First of all, it's not a purse, it's a "bag". Second of all, it's my money and I spend it how I want. Lastly... End of story.

Or I get "is that a new purse? Or you GOT ANOTHER purse? Or is that all u think about? And my answer to them is... YES!!!

Now what?????? 😡😡😡

And you are right... It's a frickin Dooney!!!

I love this thread! 😃😃😃 Whew... I feel better now!! I can skip taking my meds tonight. Lol.

I get mostly positive comments. I have been a purse lover since I was a kid, so my family knows about my purse habit. I have had a few people ask me about the price of a purse before or how many I have.

My parents and my boyfriend are always asking me why I "waste" so much money on my bags, which, are very few, but I just sell one and buy another one when I need to, and I do not call it waste, I call it investment. (If looking good is considered an investment then yeah) :cool:

I get the same too. That's why this forum is so great. I don't have to hide my excitement or the bag when I get a lovely new bag.

"Ano-th-er NEW bag?"

"How many do you have?"

"That cost how much?!!"

CfC, love that :smile:

Husband of Mine goes by that- happy wife, happy life, so we are good when it comes to bags and shoes!

My mother, who could care less about fashion, but loves quality stuff, loves these bags and was even talking me into buying them full price ( before I discovered all of you, yeeei).

My friends like good, quality bags, shoes, jackets so we are on the same page.

Everybody elses opinion doesnt matter. Period.

The only ones who ever really say anything about my bags are my 2 daughters. OMG, Mom, ANOTHER bag? I tell them to just hush, I work hard for my money and I've been spoiling you girls all these years. It's my turn now.

The only ones who ever really say anything about my bags are my 2 daughters. OMG, Mom, ANOTHER bag? I tell them to just hush, I work hard for my money and I've been spoiling you girls all these years. It's my turn now.

If I'm not mistaken, you are the one who bought your daughters their first Dooney a few weeks ago, right??

No, it wasn't me. I did buy them their first Dooney's but it's been a few months since then. My eldest returned hers. She wasn't comfortable carrying it since it's more expensive than she's used to. My youngest loves her triple zip crossbody in nylon aqua.

I get the negative comments from family and friends. It's always... "Why would u pay that much money for a purse? First of all, it's not a purse, it's a "bag". Second of all, it's my money and I spend it how I want. Lastly... End of story.

Or I get "is that a new purse? Or you GOT ANOTHER purse? Or is that all u think about? And my answer to them is... YES!!!

Now what?????? ������

And you are right... It's a frickin Dooney!!!

I love this thread! ������ Whew... I feel better now!! I can skip taking my meds tonight. Lol.

LOL....I feel ya, because I get the same comments from family. From friends it's usually, "well since you have so many bags you should give me one." I choose not to post my response to them on PF. :biggrin: