Coming out of Lurkdom!!

hipchicagomom

Lovin' Coach
May 20, 2009
Hi everyone! I've been coming here for a while now, joined a few months ago and am now ready to post!!

I've always thought there was something seriously wrong with me because ever since I was a little girl, I've LOVED handbags and wallets, etc. I was never really into shoes so much (they are nice too though), but show me a purse and I'm alive!!

I bought my first Coach back in the early nineties, when I was a freshman in HS. My best friend had one too. I remember it like it was y'day. It was a small black scooter bag. I carried that sucker with me everywhere and was the envy of all the girls at school because I had a REAL, LIVE Coach bag. LOL

Over the years, I worked up quite a collection (much to my Dh's chagrin) and to make a long story short - had to sell off my Coach bags a few years ago when Dh and I went through a very rough financial time. As much as I loved my Coach bags, it didn't hold a candle to being on the straight and narrow financially and having 4 kids to take care of. :cry:

But here I am again, financially secure and NO DEBT and am ready to build up my Coach collection once again but this time using cash. I'm now up to 6 bags and a few wristlets and wallets! I LUUUURV the leather bags, but like some of the siggy bags too. I had my dh take me to the Coach outlet last week in Aurora and we scored a pretty good deal on a bag and a wallet. I'm also stalking the bay and getting my beloved ergo totes back one at a time. :yahoo:

Anyhoo, I'm glad to be here and love having a little "hobby" for myself that is not related to my dh or kids (I'm not going to call it an addiction LOL). :smile:

Welcome!
(Lots of newbies recently, this is exciting!)

Can't wait to see your collection re-grow! Hope we can help inspire that growth! :greengrin:

I agree with HipChicagoMom and CoachQueenCoach. I love handbags but couldn't care less about shoes--except that they should be Ecco and Rockport brands to be comfy as I lug around my handbags.

:welcome::welcome2: HipCoachMom to tPF. You're going to enjoy it here and I hope your collection blossoms (along with your family) and that you remain debt free all the way through passed the time all your kids finish university.