Comfortable & Stylish Sneakers

Sep 27, 2015
U.S.
I'm in need of new sneakers. I'm currently wearing Missoni Converse but would like another pair or two. Ideally something a bit more comfortable for long days of walking in Paris this spring.

Any suggestions? I don't want to look like a tourist but I want to be able to handle all the walking!

Oct 20, 2008
Some of the Cole Haan oxfords, sneakers, and boots built on sneaker soles might interest you. I've tried their ZeroGrands and GrandPro and they're very comfortable. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong size so had to return them (I recommend sizing up).

If you want to go the more expensive route, pretty much all the high-end designers make sneakers. And then there's the in-between like Common Projects.

Minty Tea

Jun 14, 2015
Another vote for Cole Haan Grand Pro. Their insoles are very comfortable. I have the Grand Pro Tennis sneakers. Easy to slip in and out when going through security at the airport and you can tighten the laces to prevent blisters for walking all day.

Any footwear is fine as long the insoles are substantial. Ballet shoes with thin single soles may look very parisien in pictures, but they are not very shock absorbent for non-stop walking. If you must wear ballet shoes, look for the ones with some padding in the insoles. Otherwise, just buy the same brand/model that you are most comfortable with and break them in before your trip. Have fun on your trip!

Butterlite

Art Is Everywhere
O.G.
Jan 10, 2009
Dallas
New Balance has some nice new styles, and there are some Stella McCartney collaborations out there, too. I think Athleta and Anthropologie carry some. I wore a pair of NB "cush" (with memory foam insoles) on my trip to Spain. I am sooo glad I wore them. The average tourist walks 5+ miles a day. I would highly suggest breaking in any shoes you plan on wearing before you go. Even sneakers!!!

I made a poor shoe choice on my previous trip to London and Florence and ended up with water-on-the-knee, and I missed being able to walk around Florence. Comfy shoes are everything when traveling! You can always buy a cute pair for going out while you're there. That's part of the fun of shopping abroad! [emoji6]

Butterlite

Art Is Everywhere
O.G.
Jan 10, 2009
Dallas
Also, I just bought a pair of Adidas Stan Smith's with "boost" soles. basically a super comfortable, extra cushion-y sole, but put on a stylish and trendy kicks.

jayne01

O.G.
Apr 13, 2007
Virginia Beach
I agree with the Superstars, and also any of the Stella McCartney Adidas! I love my original Adizeros so much I have a backup pair in my closet for when I wear them out. I wore them to do a ton of walking in Europe and my feet were very happy. [emoji6]