comfortable opaque tights?

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
Jan 24, 2008
hey all - just bought the cutest pewter metallic booties, but lacking in some tights to wear with them!

where should i go to purchase black opaque tights? i'm looking for something comfortable, no digging-in waistbands or anything like that :nogood: price is not an issue, i'd prefer something i can wear all day that's high quality. thanks!

ps - i'm pretty small (5'0 and 85 lbs) so smaller sizing helps too!

TIA :tup:

I second Falke, but Wolford was too high waisted for me. Falke is by far my favorite pair of opaques, but will be hard to find in the US, figleaves used to carry Falke opaque, but looks like they are sold out for the summer. I think net-a-porter still carries them. I also had good luck with Gerbe again hard to find in the US. Fogal is good, but I go to them more for fashion and sheer tights.

Actually, really good tights especially for the price are Nordstrom. I think $10 a pair, very comfortable, and matte (not shiny like Hue tights).

Oh no, you fall off the bottom of sizing charts. From being obsessed with tights in the fall, I think that Wolford runs true to a little big. Falke runs pretty true. And Fogal runs smaller.

DKNY and HUE are classic standbys for me. Both are well made, and have resisted my nails. I've also had DKNY tights for close to eight years. Wolford is a runnerup.

spanx is awesome - first tights i've purchased that are truly opaque and matte, not shiny. i tried dknys since i read rave reviews on here, but they're not as opaque as spanx and both pairs i purchased scratched/ran the first week from the tiniest things...like my crossing my legs and some tiny part getting caught from the zipper pull on my boots..but i don't blame them, i blame myself. still, i love spanx more.

wow dkny sounds like a good choice.. i gotta get me some of that... is it hight waisted? i don't know why all tights on me seem to be very high waisted.