Comfortable flats

bagsr4ever

Dec 1, 2011
I want to buy a pair of flats and was told that Ferragamo has the most comfortable flats. I am debating right now between the Colette Ferragamo flats and Jimmy Choo Morse flats. I have wide feet and hence have an issue finding something comfortable.
Anyone have any recommendations?

I own three pairs of the Varina SF flats and to be honest with you, I find them quite poor in quality...

After 3 months wear in the nappa leather Varina, a small hole developed on the sole, which I had to get fixed, but shortly not long after that, the sides of the sole is gradually coming away from the upper shoe (the shoes is open as if it is smiling at me)...

I would have expected much better quality for the price... so I will recommend JC over SF flats anytime!

However, if your heart is set for the SF flats, I will recommend you getting width 'C' for wide feet... I am normal a size 8B, however, in Australia, they only stock Cs and the width is definitely much wider than the B.

HTH

Terri_berri I am surprised to hear this. Did you get your soles topy'd? I've had a pair of Varina flats since august that I've worn to death and they are so comfy and look as good as the first day I bought them! Though I did topy the soles because as with all leather soles, they tend to wear faster than man-made.

So to the OP, I really recommend varinas...especially if you have wide feet.

Last edited:
I highly recommend varinas. They come in a wide array of sizes and width and you can get C for wider feet. I have 3 pairs and have worn them for 2 years (I did gave vibram sole protectors put on) and they are still as comfortable as ever and the best thing is they don't stretch out after wear so you end up with half or one size larger after a while.

Terri_berri I am surprised to hear this. Did you get your soles topy'd? I've had a pair of Varina flats since august that I've worn to death and they are so comfy and look as good as the first day I bought them! Though I did topy the soles because as with all leather soles, they tend to wear faster than man-made.

Yup, I had them topy'd after the hole, but still the shoe is opening up... they're about to be binned soon as they can't be fixed anymore, so I'm wearing them to their death... which is really sad as I was taking so good care of them (I never wore them out when it was raining)... :blah:

Yup, I had them topy'd after the hole, but still the shoe is opening up... they're about to be binned soon as they can't be fixed anymore, so I'm wearing them to their death... which is really sad as I was taking so good care of them (I never wore them out when it was raining)... :blah:

That's terrible. I wear mine in the rain all the time. Do you think they might have been faulty? I really think it is strange that a hole developed in the sole! Maybe take them back to the store and complain?

I don't have JC flats, but I have 3 pairs of Varina flats. The blood red pair which I have had for 2 years is coming loose.. I first noticed it when I saw the ribbon falling out of the shoe onto the ground as I was walking. I thought I was dreaming. At first I thought it was my cobbler's fault (I resole all my shoes because seriously all that shiny leather under sole will be disastrous during rainy season) but upon closer look, I realized the original sole was coming apart from the shoe. I wear it seasonally (i.e. sometimes 1x a week for 2 months when I am in that red mood and then I take a break for about 3 mths or so).

It is a bit shocking and I haven't done anything about it. So while I love Ferragamo shoes (for the comfort), I am now not so sure about the durability. I don't expect them to last forever and ever, but it's not like I wear them to death.

I actually think the My Paris with low heels are the most comfortable flats I've ever owned! I think Varina is ok but only in the leather. I like the My Paris because of the elastic really keeps it snug on my feet and the low heel helps~

I have multiple pairs of Varinas and Varas and have no problems with them. I find them to be very high quality. I wear the black pairs of my Varas and Varinas constantly and have never even gotten it resoled or anything. I just wore it as it is. The sole is still great, no holes or anything. I have even been caught in the rain several times and they still look great. I've had the Varas now for almost 3 years. I have not tried the Colette, but it looks really cute! Never tried Jimmy Choo flats, but I like their heels! =]

Chanel flat is most comfortable for my feet and some ferragamo flat bite my feet, is painful but especially their patent and canvas one . I have a ferragamo heel in lava (phyton) and very comfortable so maybe it depend what leather they used.

I want to buy a pair of flats and was told that Ferragamo has the most comfortable flats. I am debating right now between the Colette Ferragamo flats and Jimmy Choo Morse flats. I have wide feet and hence have an issue finding something comfortable.
Anyone have any recommendations?

So to the OP, I really recommend varinas...especially if you have wide feet.

This my experience as well. I also get all my leather soles lined with rubber. It is not too expensive and protects from wear.

Comparing Varina and Morse (I have both styles), the Morse gap on me, but Varina does not.

I have a pair of Ferragamo varina patent flats in 'C' width and a pair of Jimmy Choo 'whirl' flats. Of the two, SF wins hands down. The SF fit me perfectly straight away with no need to break in, very comfortable and I really like the way they seem to make my feet look smaller!
The JCs seemed to fit me well when first worn, but if I wear them longer than a couple of hours at a time, the little toes start to pinch.
If you have very wide feet, I understand Ferragamo does a 'D' width fitting too - but these are found in Asia.

I have a pair of patent varina and it is very stiff and uncomfortable despite many attempts to break in. I guess patent was the wrong choice for me.
I suggest you try the hair dryer trick. Wear thick socks and blow the hair dryer on the areas that are uncomfortable. This should help with the discomfort.

I actually think the My Paris with low heels are the most comfortable flats I've ever owned! I think Varina is ok but only in the leather. I like the My Paris because of the elastic really keeps it snug on my feet and the low heel helps~
May I ask what you did not like about the Varinas in patent leather? I was planning on getting a pair in Hong Kong..