Comedian Greg Giraldo Dead at 44

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
I heard about this the other day - very sad that he has passed away
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b20...m_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

attachment.php

Hold the laughter.

Greg Giraldo died at a New Jersey hospital Wednesday, four days after being admitted following an accidental overdose of prescription medication. He was 44.

The news was first reported by fellow comic and longtime friend Jim Norton, who tweeted a photo of the two and the message, "RIP Buddy."

"Greg Giraldo was a good guy," tweeted Lucky Louie star Louie C.K. "The kind of you're always glad to see. Also a funny comic and person. He died today. Goodbye friend.

"Belly-laugh hilarious, prolific, good & kind. A thousand oys can't express" added Sarah Silverman a bit later.

A judge on NBC's Last Comic Standing, as well as a frequent guest on The Howard Stern Show and a fixture on the Comedy Central Roast circuit, Giraldo was actually a Columbia and Harvard Law School-educated attorney who strayed from his original path to school himself in the art of insult comedy.

And it worked for him.

"How cheesy is this dais? It's not a roast, it's a melt," he said during the recent David Hasselhoff roast.

"Have you ever not been drunk?" Giraldo asked the man of the hour. "You used to have a car that started when you talked to it, now you have a car that won't start when you blow into it."

The comic struggled with alcohol addiction over the years, ultimately revealing on the Stern show in September 2005 that he had been sober, minus one slip-up, for five months.

Giraldo made more than a dozen appearances on The Late Show With David LettermanLate Night With Conan O'Brien and , and did regular stand-up at the famed Comedy Cellar and Gotham Comedy Club in New York. His Midlife Vices was voted the No. 1 comedy album of 2009 by Punchline magazine and he was a guest on The Marriage Ref last season.

"R.I.P. Greg Giraldo thanks for all the laughs- you will be missed," read a tweet from the Hollywood Improv.

"He was my friend," said Gotham Comedy Club owner Chris Mazzilli. "Great guy, super talented, will be dearly missed in the business both on and off stage. He was just a really good guy and I can't say that about everyone in the business, but he was a good person."

"Greg Giraldo. Love and peace. So f--king funny," offered Bob Saget

In a 2007 interview with Cornell University's Daily Sun, Giraldo was asked why he abandoned the law to pursue comedy.

"Jesus," he deadpanned. "It's a very complex issue, but, you know, if you really read the New Testament close, I think you'd understand."

Giraldo, who was divorced, is survived by three children.

Attachments

• 300.giraldo.greg.lc.092710.jpg
    300.giraldo.greg.lc.092710.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1649021/20100929/story.jhtml

Greg Giraldo Remembered By Sarah Silverman, Jimmy Kimmel, Others
'The world has lost a hysterical man,' Aziz Ansari tweets about late comic.

Comedian Greg Giraldo died on Wednesday (September 29), and the late comic is clearly missed. Known for skewering stars on several Comedy Central Roasts and appearing on talk shows such as "The Late Show With David Letterman" and "The Howard Stern Show," the comedian died at age 44 after accidentally overdosing on prescription drugs.

In the hours after news of his death surfaced, many of Giraldo's colleagues and friends took to Twitter to express their grief and recall fond memories of the late funnyman.

"Very sad to hear the news about Greg Giraldo," MTV Movie Awards host Aziz Ansari tweeted. "One of the most respected comics I can think of. The world has lost a hysterical man. RIP."

"Greg Giraldo was a great and funny man," late-night host Jimmy Kimmel tweeted.

"RIP Greg Giraldo. Belly-laugh hilarious, prolific, good & kind," wrote funnywoman Sarah Silverman. "A thousand oys can't express."

"30 Rock" star Judah Friedlander typed, "RIP Greg Giraldo. Miss you man. Much love."

Fellow Comedy Central Roast regular Lisa Lampanelli remembered Giraldo's contributions to the raunchy affairs. "There are no words 2 express what a shame it is 2 lose Greg Giraldo," Lampanelli wrote. "His smart humor was unparalleled & he will be missed for yrs to come."

David Hasselhoff, who was the subject of Giraldo's barbs on his August roast, also lamented Giraldo's passing. "Really sad to learn about Greg Giraldo," he tweeted. "He was a funny guy and was great on the roast. RIP, Greg..."

Apparently, not only were Giraldo's high-profile friends tweeting about the late comic, but his fans upheld his memory on the social-networking site as well. At press time, "RIP Greg Giraldo" and "Giraldo died" were trending topics on Twitter.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2006_giraldo.jpg
    2006_giraldo.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 2009_giraldo.jpg
    2009_giraldo.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 2009b_giraldo.jpg
    2009b_giraldo.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 2010_giraldo.jpg
    2010_giraldo.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 259
I liked watching him on Last Comic Standing. He was the only judge I liked. He was funny on the roasts, and will be missed. Rest in peace.