come with me! JUNE's trip to the LA MJ boutique!!

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
im no longer a boutique virgin! LOL...:yahoo:
boy did i have fun yesterday. me and the BF were going down to LA to see THE DEAD WEATHER at the WILTERN (personally my favorite venue ever!). it was my b-day present from june, he got me tickets, so it was really nice to have something to look forward to. i just called yesterday my unofficial un-birthday. i had a flippin' blast!

so a 2 hour drive, with my new luver sweet punk siouxie sioux

aMJboutique002.jpg

thank god for air conditioner, because it was like 110 degrees in the valley and a good 90 in los angeles. at least it was a dry heat i guess...man, this bag is just hotness...

aMJboutique003.jpg

look what's right on the corner of melrose....i just love these new ads

aMJboutique005.jpg

and then, after we managed to find parking in front of some house, un-metered....(SCORE!) I ran to the intersection on melrose to gaze at the boutique in all it's glory

aMJboutique004.jpg

gigantic lola ad....the perfume bottles are so cool. but i couldn't figure out how to open it, so i didn't get to test it.

and there was security too. i thought "damn! my only hope is to find this 'gabby' of legend...."

aMJboutique006.jpg

and so i ventured in. it was gorgeous. i should have taken more pics. but i didn't want to abuse the power.

we were walking around and i was trying to remain calm and composed, while inside i was like a lil kid at disneyland for the first time....by the time i got past the safety pin stams, the metallic sequined blue stam (gorgeous!) a bunch of pochettes in the blue/yellow combo...a graine bag, and then a variety of steiff animals and a corner of MJ baby stuff....i got to the back wall. a very softspoken SA walked up, with light blue eyes, her hair tied back in a NYC style chic ponytail and a nude dress on. she didn't look like cali. she commented on my bag...(sweet punk baby!) and i thought, "okay this has got to gabby!". she started telling me about the sweet punk line, and i told her i had been looking for this bag for like EVER...then i asked "you wouldn't happen to be gabby, would you?" she perked up even more and said yes. I told her Kim from NYC sent me ;) and then we just started chatting it up. she was so sweet. seriously! and the other two SA's that were there (completely and utterly decked out in MJ dresses from spring 09 with obi belts and tats galore) looked beyond jealous. LOL. I asked her if she minded if i took a few pics for the forum and she said normally they dont allow it, but to go ahead....

so girls, these are for you. im sorry i should have taken more, but the other 2 SA's were watching me with their arms crossed...so i didn't wanna over do it

ashtrahkan coat, for spacey

aMJboutique007.jpg

aMJboutique008.jpg

and i take it back. this was nice faux fur....really NICE

i saw the coat tad just bought too, the pink and black. and they had these wicked cool black dresses done out of a ribbed thick material that were like sculpture. really beautiful.

this is for PM. i saw it, and its beautiful. if you can knab one hon, i would. it's the perfect tan color

aMJboutique009.jpg

and then i picked out my favorite, i dont even know what this is, but it's layered cutwork leather and petite and adorable. i wanted it badly...

aMJboutique010.jpg

i saw the giant ad book, it's literally like 4-5" thick, and heavy like a pile of bricks. They had the documentary DVD, which me and the BF just watched on youtube. they had the scarfs, both big and small, a bunch of gorgeous ZC's....the blue and violet made me think of Iluv....

they had the stardust line, the killer bags and she said the wraths should come in any day....spacey i saw your black and white scarf too.​

Ooh fun thread! I've only talked to her a few times, but Gabby's def awesome. When I went to the MJ boutique in LA for the first time she totally called me out on being from tpf because I prob sounded like a bag-crazed loon.
Btw, I totally remember being drawn to that same layered bag!! It was really interesting and cute.

and then we went to the MBMJ boutique across the street after i said bye to gabby. i tried to take pics of the cool LOLA thing they had going on in the window, but the glare was really bad...

aMJboutique011.jpg

i went in, and picked up a denim mini (on sale for $10, thanks gabby for letting me know!), a punk hardcase (they were out of black, otherwise i would have gotten that color) and a heart compact. they had some really neat books in teh MBMJ store, a lot of photography books and stuff. They had some cute lil MBMJ bags i hadn't seen, the bombay lines and the new hilliers. the HW on them is really nice. my BF got me one of the latin bracelets, he's such a sweetie! :heart:

aMJboutique024.jpg

and then i asked him to go over to the street displays on the MJ store and indulge me with some wacky pics:

aMJboutique018.jpg

aMJboutique021.jpg

aMJboutique015.jpg

aMJboutique017.jpg

we were trying to take them and avoid sidewalk traffic and oncoming traffic :P

Wow wow WOW!! It sounds like your first boutique experience was so much fun! I was getting happy butterflies in my stomach just reading your story. :heart: Gabby sounds like the sweetest SA ever, and I'm so happy to hear you got to meet her. I hope I can do the same, someday! And that's so awesome how she let you take pictures even though you're not allowed to hahaa. Those faux fur coats are super soft, aren't they?

and some of the bags in the windows....is this the elusive jaguar prototype???
aMJboutique014.jpg

aMJboutique022.jpg

aMJboutique023.jpg

(im not even going to go into all the jokes i could make about that orange elephant :P :roflmfao:)​

Looks like you had a great time!! You look so cute and happy with your SP hanging proudly from your shoulder!! Aren't those Special Items overwhelming? it's so easy to get sucked in and say "I'll take one of those, and one of those, and one of those....." Before you know it, you could have bought a MbyMJ SLG!!!

BTW -- I LOVE your top!! Who makes that?

:lol: OH, JUNE! I love your modeling pics! You are too cute - I'm seriously laughing out loud over here. Your Sweet Punk looks fabulous, of course, and I love how you've got a big MJ boutique bag on your arm. ;)

i can't see the pictures right now, but it sounds like you had an awesome time and i'm glad. gabby is the bee's knees. she's seriously the best. what haters the other two sa's were! :lol:

Looks like you had a great time!! You look so cute and happy with your SP hanging proudly from your shoulder!! Aren't those Special Items overwhelming? it's so easy to get sucked in and say "I'll take one of those, and one of those, and one of those....." Before you know it, you could have bought a MbyMJ SLG!!!

BTW -- I LOVE your top!! Who makes that?
LOL. it's some cheapo top i got at ross...it's nice and cool though because it's all rayon. it's "american dream clothing" i have no clue where to find them..

and yes, i didn't really plan on getting more than a few thigns, because i just gt my punk bag. they had these neat leopard print jersey scarfs. i almost got one...almost!

:lol: OH, JUNE! I love your modeling pics! You are too cute - I'm seriously laughing out loud over here. Your Sweet Punk looks fabulous, of course, and I love how you've got a big MJ boutique bag on your arm. ;)
thanks! i just had to do it. i like like an idiot, but who cares. it was fun!:biggrin: and yes, me love me some sweet punk!

Oh man! How much do I want that COAT!!!!!!!!!!!
All these pics of it are killing me!

Thank you so much for the pics, and I just can't get over how gorgy the SP is on you. You(and her) look great!