Come Sea part 2!

Aug 24, 2009
The tote has arrived...first I'll show the pictures, then I'll give my blow by blow on how I think the actual product stacked up against the hype....

Attachments

• seahorsetote1.jpg
    seahorsetote1.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 335
  • seahorsetote2.jpg
    seahorsetote2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 198
  • seahorsetote3.jpg
    seahorsetote3.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 227
Okay...so lets talk about the PLT tote...

Like with most things I order site unseen, it wasn't what I was expecting. I honestly thought this would be more of a beach ready item...but it's not. Well, not unless you like metallic canvas and sequins with your sand...

It's a great size. Very ample, it is extremely comparable signature legacy totes that had the metallic or color bands around the bottom.

Inside it is lined with a very wearable and durable cloth that is striped in the blue and white. It has two pockets on either side of the bag instead of the typical zip closure with the cell phone mini-pockets.

The turn lock isn't just for looks...it actually closes the bag. So also functional.

I love the mix of texture Coach used on this product. Metallic leather, paint, stitching. The tote has a lot of dimension...but it's not in-your-face dimension, you actually have to touch the bag to get the real "wow" factor from the detailing.

The bag is very bedazzled. Almost like someone got ahold of that 1980 machine and went to town. You have sequins and studs and beads and metallic threading in the canvas. It's bling overload. You have to like that sort of thing, or you'll hate this bag. It's not subtle at all.

What I love.

I adore the metallic leather seahorse with the stitched detailing. It's adorable and gorgeous. I also love that Coach pulled that color and did the edging with it...like around the turn lock. It's my favorite color, so of course I'm happy with that!

I love the feel of the bag. It's a very nice size, but the drop length is great for shoulder carry and it's comfortable.

What I don't love...

I would have preferred a bit less "bling" detail. I think the nature of the bag is such that you don't need all of that oomph to make it interesting.

I don't like the three shades of blue. You have a royal blue, periwinkle and metallic turquoise...It's just a lot.

Over all...

Like with everything, I think this is a fun piece. For me who changes bags often, it will hold it's own over the summer...but it's not the right piece for someone who needs an everyday bag.

A solid 7 out of 10.

OH NO! you were so excited about this bag. It is a lot of details, but its fun. Isnt summer supposed to be fun :smile:

It's disappointing. I am fluctuating between liking it enough to keep it, and disliking it. I guess because it's not my "norm"...I am generally into leather bags and this is so outside of my comfort zone.

My husband thinks I should stew on it for a little before deciding.