Come Play in my Closet - Redux - Paris LV

ParisLV

A little getaway
Dec 22, 2010
Hi Everyone!

As many of you know I had an old collection thread called "Partial Collection by ParisLV." I was just a newbie when I created it and it was a hodgepodge of pictures and was pushing its way to 100 pages. It was full of lengthy reveals and tons of chat. However, as my time on TPF has passed I've started to see what a real collection thread should be, thanks to other members who've taken the time to do more artist threads. Now, I'm NO artist or photographer but I knew I could do better. So I started a thread called Come Play in my Closet. This was a collection of pairing versus just snap shots of bags and tedious reveals. I should have requested my original thread be closed, but I didn't. So unfortunately someone merged the two threads. So once again I had a thread that was too long for anyone to make their way through it.

Thanks to Lee I have started this new Closet thread and the original Closet thread and the Partial collection thread will be closed.

Please note.. my collection changes like most people change socks :giggles: so please come back often and see what's new.

So, without further ado, for your viewing pleasure... my collection. Thanks for looking!

Hi Everyone!

This is my new closet that was just built for my bags and is of course already to small! Please remember this is just a small start to loading this bad boy up, there are more bags AND as I said I'm just trying out new hardware, the pulls on the top two drawers are the ones they put in because I had not decided what I wanted. I kind of like the long silver bars. I've seen them used by a couple of designers lately (Candise Olsen and Sarah) so maybe they'll stay and I'll use the $1200 (the cost of the pulls I wanted) on building more space!

Here's your first shot!

attachment.php

As you know I've wanted a Cherry Keepall since I walked away from it at LV when it was released. I purchased one that was "Like New" ... "Use Once"... "In excellent condition!"... MY A$$ it was! However, rather than return her I decided to do some "restoration". I sanded down the leather until it was stark white again and then conditioned it heavily. Yes, it turn it a very warm honey but at least now it's clean! And since it's going to be used on for travel the leather was likely to get goofed up anyway. So I took her to LV on my last trip. Had the old lock removed, got a new lock that matches all my others (same key) and did something I NEVER do. I had her tag heat stamped. I was going to use red but there was no cherry red so we used the same green that's in her cherry stems!

attachment.php