Come meet -- the rescued burned kitty, Miss Dolce!

Mar 26, 2007
Okay, so after giving it some thought-- I just couldn't leave her where she was.

For those of you who don't know the background story, Burn Kitten 2053 was a kitten severely burned-- we don't know how-- and dumped at the animal shelter here in my hometown. She's four months old, and has been at the shelter for a month. They went to great lengths to help her, treating her horrible burn down the left side of her body. It's a lot better than it was-- the lady at the shelter teared up when she talked about it.

Anyway, I saw her on petfinder and my heart just broke for her. People don't adopt cats like that, ones that will have a scar forever. But it's just not fair, you don't throw a life away just because she's roughed up a little, kwim? I had to take her. I couldn't watch her get euthanized. I adopted her, and I've named her Dolce, which means "sweet."

So here she is, with all the pictures I promised you ladies. The last three pics are graphic, so if you're at all queasy, you needn't look. As you can see, she looks fine from the right side, but the left side looks pretty bad. But I've got the medications for her, and she doesn't seem to be in any pain. She's such a little thing! And I think she's just beautiful. There is a lot of hair regrowth around the red parts of the scar and I really think in a year you will hardly be able to tell.

She's been hopping around, chasing string and batting around kitty treats, acting like any normal kitten. She immediately crawled in my lap and rubbed her face against mine and settled down, purring like nobody's business, as soon as I held her. She's wonderful :love:

Thanks so much for your love and support. Dolce appreciates it and so do I! My Hermes scarf can wait while I pay for her meds and her care-- this little kitty is better than ten of those scarves, I'm sure! I'm in love. Anyway, here she is.

dolce1.jpg

dolcecreep.jpg

dolceback.jpg

Scar1.jpg

scar2.jpg

scar3.jpg

Awwww, she is so sweet. I feel so bad for what the poor little thing has been through but now she has a new, loving home.

I'm still hoping Fat Louie will come home to you - the outdoors are such a dangerous place for cats.

Awwww!! What a cutie!! She's adorable! I am tearing up right now. You are an Angel for rescuing this little kitty, she will finally get the love and family she hasn't had. Thank you for doing this for her.
Also, just to add, I know in the other thread you mentioned medical costs, if you don't have pet insurance, I would recommend it, it reimburses you the money.
We seriously need more people like you in this world.