Come and see! Pics of the baby Birkin and Kelly

This is the S/S 11 micro birkin! Thank you akimotoshow! Hope someone snapped it! It's really small.

No worries everyone. it is good to see a "limited edition" anything dedicated to my beloved home town, but honestly i am not sure why some one would pay the extra two grand to get them from a reseller (no offense to the reseller!), it seems at that price point, there are plenty of them left floating around in the botiques. I suppose if i was to get one, i might as well get them from the boutique and enjoy the whole H experience.

BTW, if anyone is interested, Hermes is hosting a leather exhibition in Shanghai from the 5th Sep to 31st Oct, in Huaihai Road, (sewing time?), apparently the SA mentioned that there will be craftsmen on site to show how the bag is made or something like that ( i couldnt fully understand him....). you will need vip tickets in order to enter the exhibition, but the tickets are free and just sitting on counters in Hermes boutiques (the SA shoved a bunch of them right into my hand, literally! ). so if anyone is interested and in Shanghai, do go and enjoy yourselves!

OK, I just had time to look through the booklet on the leather exhibition, and it seems it is a MUST SEE for hermes fanatics!!

the exhibition is divided into 8 sections, each section dedicated to a different topic.in the welcome area, a selection of trunks and travel bags (most made from barenia leather )will be on display along with the citroen 2CV car.also on display will be some ready to wear made of croc skin from 2004, designed by Gaultier, the centre piece being a HUGE kelly bag!

in the first section, the leather library, a array of leather goods will be on display, from small leather goods, right through to bags, ulysse, carmen, paris bombay, kelly cut, kelly danse, trim, evelyne, just to name a few!

the second section, ladies handbags, a selection of vintage and new handbags will be shown, including a 1954 black box piano bag, 1938 black box verrou clutch once owned by Ultra Violet, 1950 gold box brio bag, 1937 hermes rogue box 368 bag. and the list goes on!

the third section, the first customer-horse, a selection of bags and accesesorries associated with the long histroy of horses are displayed, which includes a HAC made from barenia and canvas once owned by Humpehrey Bogart, riding boots, Evelynes, Picotins, Mangeoires.

the forth section, the first crafts person-time, sac a depeches, kelly secret, plein cuir, harnais watches, and also a selection of vintage bags from the 20s-30s will be shown.

the fifth section, when dreams come true, is the section where special ordered items are displayed, like a drum case, leather corset designed by JPG, a pencil case used by Robert dumas from the 50s, a case to hold carviar and vodka,......

the sixth section, simplicity and low profile, hellene bag, miss bag, polochon bag, zoulou coin case, white bus, lindy, plme jige mini mini.......you get the drill.

the seventh section, birkins and kellys! well, some very rare bags will be on display! the first is a kelly from 2010, a honey coloured croc kelly decorateded with feathers from Lemarie, with pink gold hardware and diamonds! ( i translated this from Chinese, so not sure if i am making any sense!) then there are vintage kellys from the early 30s, kelly flat, a 32cm kelly designed by Jun Takahashi, mini mini kelly from 1991, quelle idole kelly, kelly cut, kelly lakis, also the new kelly relax for 2010 will be shown as well!

the last section, nomade, will show a selection of travel bags. hat boxes, picnic cases, tivoli bags, travel bolide etc. the new chaine d'ancre bag, double sens bag will also be shown.

ok, that's all i can see from the booklet, i will pop down there next week and see if i can snap any pic! sorry for the long post!

thanks for let me know
^nyyparis, use the attachments provided by TPF. When you click "post reply", then, go to manage attachments, upload the pic and finally, click the "Insert Image" icon with mountain/sun pic.

Copy & paste the link which you uploaded the pic then paste into the "Insert Image". Before you do all this, you must save the pic first onto dekstop.

^OMG! Is that for real!? I was just whining earlier today that I love Hermes but wish they made a small cross-body like bag, kind of like the Chanel mini flap or WOC. Wonder how much it'll be?