Come and see my little ring collection - lots of pics!

Onebagtoomany

O.G.
Apr 16, 2011
Here is the first - an emerald and diamond cluster ring from my French grandmother. No stats as it is inherited (as most of these have been) but the emerald is a good deep colour and the diamonds must amount to at least one carat if not more (useless at guessing these things but each stone looks like at least .20 carats and there are 12 of them. Clarity is at least VVS1 if not IF and colour must be at least E - these babies are pure bright white and on fire!

Attachments

• IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 910
  • IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 906
Next is my diamond cluster ring from my French grandmother - this has a special significance for me as I remember her wearing it (she died over ten years ago) and my mother gave it to me just before she moved abroad from the UK. I also wore it on my right hand on my wedding day last year as my 'something old' :love: Again I don't know the stats but would imagine it is over two carats as the central diamond on its own is at least one. The band is 18k yellow gold.

Attachments

• IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 873
  • IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 881
Finally from my same grandmother is my full diamond eternity band in a shared prong setting in platinum. No idea on stats but definitely at least between one-two carats. Not sure about clarity/colour. My mother gave this to me for my 32nd in March and I sometimes wear it as an alternative wedding band now.

Attachments

• IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,209
My aunt gave this garnet ring on an 18k gold band to me just prior to my wedding last year - it belonged to my Italian grandmother and she wore it every day until she died after buying it in Lausanne, Switzerland in the 1960s. Very special to me as I adored this grandmother and she died when I was 15. I love the ornate design of the ring and garnet is one of my favourite stones.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 836
Next one of two rings I recently bought - my Cartier trinity ring in the second from smallest size (each band is just under 2mm):

Attachments

• IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,452
Finally, my Tiffany's 1837 ring in yellow gold in the wide version - this was a great preloved deal and is slightly big for my third finger so I tend to wear it on my bigger middle finger or as a thumb ring. It is a US size 8 and I normally wear between a 6 1/2 and 7 on my third finger (UK N):

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 828
Thanks ladies xx I wish I could wear all of them at once, lol! The emerald and the garnet rings don't see as much use because of the colours but I do wear and layer the diamond cluster ring and eternity band quite often and it is so meaningful to know they belonged to my grandma (bought for her by my beloved granddad) and that she treasured them. My mum has some more pieces to give me including a ring just like the emerald but with a central ruby flanked by 12 diamonds instead - it is sooooo stunning! I'm a bit of a coward though as I don't like drawing attention to myself on a day to day basis at work or play (don't want to be mugged or perceived by friends or co workers as looking showy) so it is a shame that a few of these rings won't end up being worn very often.

Gorgeous rings and beautiful memories...but please don't be afraid to wear them. People who know you will not think you are "too showy" and who cares what anyone else thinks. Rings are made to be worn and admired, especially the ones worn by your adored grandmas!