Comcast has bad RM mojo! :(

Aug 24, 2006
Argh, argh, argh. The Internet went out in my apt on Sunday.

It's been two days, and Comcast STILL hasn't restored the Internet to SO's and my apt. (We paid all our bills -- this is an outage thing and totally their fault.) I'm freaking -- this'll mean no SS, since I'm not an NYCer, and no sibling for my chocolate MAM.

Buggerbuggerbuggerbuggerbugger -- Comcast, you have 34 hours!

SO and I have been calling them every other hour for the past two days. :frazzled: I guess there's always the Blackberry method ...

As a fellow Comcast customer, I can say with conviction that COMCAST SUCKS!!!!

My girlfriend and I made a pact that if anything goes wrong online tomorrow night that we'll buy for each other. Perhaps you can have friend look out for you if your connection isn't back up. However, I cant imagine your connection being down that long.

As for your Blackberry, I have mine thru Sprint and it's sooooo slow--the internet that is. OMG. I don't think it will be a good alternate plan. If you have a laptop you can (buy or borrow from a friend and just download the software) a wireless access card-- I think that's what they are called to get on the internet. All the cell phone companies sell them.

Last edited:
Don't forget to remind comcast that they get to prorate your bill for the number of days that your without service. They won't offer it, but they will comply to your request. I've done it twice!

Don't forget to remind comcast that they get to prorate your bill for the number of days that your without service. They won't offer it, but they will comply to your request. I've done it twice!

Unfortunately, we've been through this with our cable before, so we're already on them about it ... *bangs head on desk*

I. Want. My. Internet!!!! :cursing::cursing::cursing:

DC really sucks -- Comcast has a stranglehold on the market and our apt isn't positioned well for DirecTV, so we're stuck with the bleepers