Comcast Cable Customer Appreciation Discount

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just happened to call Comcast Cable's customer service to ask about there hours next week, and about possibly getting the DVR service. The customer service rep said that due to the number of years I've been a customer I qualify for a $20 discount each month for one year. It was their way of showing customer appreciation.

I told my sister and she said the same thing happened to her about 3 months ago but her discount was $10 a month for the rest of the year.

You might want to call your cable company to see if you can get a customer appreciation reduction.

2. #2 Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
    May I ask how long you have been with Comcast? Thanks. I just called and asked, I guess it did not work for me.

3. My mom gets that, she has been a customer for over 10 years.

4. about 8 years now

5. ^^^I actually had to cancel my service (after over 7 yrs) so I could get a better price as a "new customer":rolleyes: They comcast guy said a lot of people were doing the same thing in my area.

6. I guess I need to call, was going to get AT&T new plan for cable/phone/internet they seem to be pushing it in my area

7. We have to do that every couple of years to. If we call for the current promotion they won't give it to you, but then call a few minutes later to cancel service and suddenly they can do something.

8. I told comcast i wanted to downgrade to basic cable, after chatting for few mins, he gave me $30 off every month!