combining two of my favorite things: balenciaga and artsy fartsy pretention :)

interrobang

Aug 25, 2007
i was recently attended baggage allowance, a san francisco performance from avant-garde performer/sound artist pamela z. it was a "sonically and visually layered work focusing on the concept of baggage in all its literal and metaphorical permutations." more info here: http://www.pamelaz.com/baggageallowance.html
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]getting to the gist of the post, the artist had installed some pieces related to the performance in the lobby of the theater. one was a baggage scanner much like those you see at airport security, except that it was equipped with a screen that warped colors and shapes and included outlines of things not in your bag (like scissors).

made my 2007 vert d'eau city look a little pistachio

2-3.jpg

1-3.jpg

also included one of my boyfriend's backpack for good measure...

3-3.jpg

Hey, glad to wake up to this post, lol. I'm on my early morning ebay, bonz, hgbagsonline, tpf stroll and found your post. Color me happy since you've been on tpf since 2007 and have just a mere 20+ posts. Get started girl!

So, did the exhibit have this scanner so that other folks could put their things in and see what it'd look like? Totally interesting. I would have put EVERYTHING in there.

And... why does your man carry such a sharp pair of scissors in his backpack? Edit - Nevermind, just a figment of my imagination it seems!