Colour question

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
    Today I got the most lovely and pretty 08 Sahara ggh city. It's preloved but in a fine condition (you can see it here: http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/january-february-2010-starters-new-year-joyous-purchases-542589-47.html#post14246812).
    As some of you might know I live in Copenhagen (Denmark). Currently it is wintertime and very cold (even snowing at times).
    As I just got it and am so in love with it I can't wait to start using it but my DH doesn't think it is colourwise appropriate to use it now. He think I ought to wait using it until it's summertime.

I really want to start carrying it right away and during all the different seasons (obviously not when weather is bad) but what are your opinion? Is Sahara only a spring/summer colour?

2. I don't care for summer vs winter colour. I wear what I want when I want to.

3. Sahara is wearable in any season! Summertime, wintertime, fall and spring! That's what is so great about it!! Just be sure to keep her protected from dye transfer and other possible staining. Wear her in good health! Congrats!

4. ^
    yess, sahara is an all-seasons color! wear it any time you want, just be carefull so it doesn't get dirty:balloon:

5. Totally agree w/you! I carry my apple city year round!

6. I carry all my colors year round. go for it!

7. You should do what you like!

8. Thank you everybody for your answers. I'll use it every day from now on.
    I've sprayed it a couple of times (well actually 4 times) with rain and stain repellant do you think I should take any other precautions?

9. love to see model pics. that is a beautiful bag!

10. I am a bit of a color "rules" girl. There are some colors that are wearable in any season and others that are seasonal. I think Sahara is a Spring/Summer color. I would start wearing it daily in March. If you have warm days in February that force you to wear sandals or Spring attire, then I would say it is OK to bring out the Sahara. Personally, I think it will look out of place with a heavy winter coat and boots. This is just my opinion :smile:

11. I'd wear Sahara year-round. Life is too short, and no 'rule' should ever make you leave a bag you are really longing to have with you that day!

Sahara would tone in great with brown/khaki/muted Autumn colours, and with GGH would really lift all the black/grey winter colours.

12. I don't think there is such a thing as seasonal colors anymore - sahara is a neutral color anyway...

13. [​IMG]

14. Totally agree here !

15. :lolots::tup: