Colour preferance & age

I love colours and I just as much today as I did well, 10 yrs or so ago. It's always nice to have some neutrals tho just for more sombre days or events but I do like to also have the added variety of colour such as reds, greens, etc. Now, because H bags are exclusive and high end, one just can't go out and buy up every colour there is (unless one is orchids, Pazt or aspenmartial, lol) but one or two fun colours really helps brighten the day, I reckon;)

ps if it helps any my next one is going to be either a warm, earthy color like your Barenia leather in Natural, Gold with gold hardware, or a chocolate brown/cognac shade.

and....
I want a white Clemence Kelly!

When I'm older and get Crocodile, I may get a crazier shade.

I love colours and I just as much today as I did well, 10 yrs or so ago. It's always nice to have some neutrals tho just for more sombre days or events but I do like to also have the added variety of colour such as reds, greens, etc. Now, because H bags are exclusive and high end, one just can't go out and buy up every colour there is (unless one is orchids, Pazt or aspenmartial, lol) but one or two fun colours really helps brighten the day, I reckon;)

Sue, where have you been????

tPF not as hilarious and fun without you on board. At least for me.....

More relevantly to the topic.

I've done the reverse. Got more into colour as I got older. I only have one neutral H bag and that's a vintage box Kelly in (who'd have guessed) black. Otherwise it's potiron and fuschia. And some of the colours like vert anis and brighton blue look pretty good to me. It's just a matter of time before I acquire bags in those colours.

I think I'll tone down the clothes but not the bags as I get older. Actually, my clothes are all already pretty neutral, so maybe I'll be stuck in my current colour rut for the next 20 years! LOL.

There you go again wong, confusing me...........do I do the bright clothing/neutral bag or the opposite? Or go all out bag-lady crazee and do bright bags/bright clothing????? LMAO!!!! GREAT help you are!!!!!

LOL - guess what...I WAS a prefect at school....can you IMAGINE??????? LOL!!!

BTW - you can hijack my thread anytime!!

I always tend to stick to neutrals- black, beige, brown, white. Some might think that's boring, but there are seriously a millon different shades of each of these colors, so there's always a lot of variety in my eyes. And I love white bags, I don't care if it's "white season" or not, I wear them year round :yes:

There you go again wong, confusing me...........do I do the bright clothing/neutral bag or the opposite? Or go all out bag-lady crazee and do bright bags/bright clothing????? LMAO!!!! GREAT help you are!!!!!

LOL - guess what...I WAS a prefect at school....can you IMAGINE??????? LOL!!!

BTW - you can hijack my thread anytime!!

You were a prefect??? :roflmfao: Don't tell me you were also one of those that sat in the front of the class and always raised your hand with the correct answer everytime the teacher asked a question. :lol:

How about you do the crazee lady bright bag bright togs thing and use that photo for the next avatar?

I love some brights eg Missoni and Pucci (only vintage Pucci though, the new stuff too "in your face" for me) for clothes but find those only work for some occasions. So most of the time I stick to neutrals. They somehow work for me - navy, black, dark grey, khaki and olive. Therefore if I want to indulge in brights, it's got to be the bag....

I LOVE Missoni.......

and no.....I was a little bastard at school, I was just smart enough not to get caught most of the time!! LOL!!

I WAS good with the smoking, though...I was the only girl to NEVER sneak a cigarette in the toilets!!

I always tend to stick to neutrals- black, beige, brown, white. Some might think that's boring, but there are seriously a millon different shades of each of these colors, so there's always a lot of variety in my eyes. And I love white bags, I don't care if it's "white season" or not, I wear them year round :yes:
Chelle, I'm SO with you on the white......I ADORE white bags........I'd LOVE a white Bolide or Paris-Bombay!

Being Bagless, Lolo is able, for once, to give impeccable, objective advice on this matter:
- ANY classic Hermes bag is a good colour, if you love it;
- the tendency towards neutral is possibly, in part, a function of practicality, because you know you will, over the years, get more wear out of a neutral
- the bright colours will still look good on you when you are 80, unless you or they fall victim to the vagaries of fashion; then it can go back in the closet for a while;
- the bags can always be worn with more age-appropriate classic clothing (and Hermes scarves!) when you are in your 90's.
Finally, don't ever think a lady can be too old to provide eye-candy, so long as the clothes themselves aren't of the mutton-dressed-as-lamb variety.
Buy the bags you love - let's face it, who would ever stop loving their Hermes bag?!

Being Bagless, Lolo is able, for once, to give impeccable, objective advice on this matter:

what do you mean, for once? You ALWAYS give GREAT advice, lolo......i LOVE to hear from you!

I AM concerned, however, that I WILL be the Mutton dressed as Lamb, or as I like to say "Whitney dressed as Britney"......I can SO picture myself in 50 years time thinking I can pull-off a mini skirt - :roflmfao: ...........

I have to say that I have really always preferred the neutrals to bright colors, I suppose that's who I am, so nothing has changed much from when I was 20 to now that I'm almost 50...(colorwise I meen... the rest HAS changed !LOL:crybaby: ) Anyway, having said this, I'd love a red Birkin, and I've just got a Thalassa blue one, but it's not a bright blue so I don't consider it a "color"...I could never pull off BJ, for the same reasons as Shopmom said: it's a "young" color for me....As for red, although I love Rouge Vif, my SA says that knowing the colors I wear, she sees R. Garance better for me (as it's a more subdued red).

Having said all this, I LOOOOVE H colors, I just can't see myself wearing them .....

This is actually one of the reasons I am in such a hurry to get all the pink bags (that and I don't think my SO will want me to have this hobby after I get married) ... I don't think I'll be able to pull off these pinks in a few decades

Oh and that said, I don't think I will be carrying any purses when several decades from now since I ONLY like fuchsia and I cannot imagine going for any other color