COLOUR or Leather TEXTURE - which seals the DEAL for you?

Which seals the DEAL for you?

• COLOUR

• Leather TEXTURE

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok, so first and foremost when I'm looking to BUY a bag, or looking to GET RID OF a bag, I look at color first. If I can't make the color work with my lifestyle or my wardrobe, I won't get it. If I like the color and want it, but don't like the leather, I won't get it; I'll wait to find a bag in the color I want with the leather type I want. Sorry not really sure if that helped!

Yep, I'm the same way purple. I tend to stray towards the neutral, warmer colors and those colors work for me and the leather has to be just the way I want it otherwise, I'll just move along until I find the right one.:yes:

It's a combination of both for me. I have to love the color and the leather, otherwise it's not for me. Bals cost way too much to keep based on the leather even though it may be a color that I absolutely love. I'm so particular about my bags that I won't buy them until they meet my specifications. Good Luck with what you decide to do.

Ooopsie!:shame: I meant to say that I wouldn't keep a bag based on the color even though it might be a shade that I love, if the leather was not to my liking. It has to be a combination of both.

For me it is both. I want good, even, deeply saturated color, but I want good, thick and chewy and not too veiny leather. I like it to shine too. I first look at color, but then if the leather is not to my liking, I pass. It is for those reasons I grabbed my 08 Turq and my Bouton D'or. Perfect in both categories.

Oh NO! This is not getting any easier for me. General sentiment around here is BOTH plays a part & that is exactly how I feel about letting any of them go. I do love all the colours I have in my collection, they all seem to serve their individual purpose in blending in with my wardrobe. I also love all leather texture of my bags, be it thin but fluffy soft or smooth smoosy or even thick but luscious. I think this closet cleanout I am wanting to do is doom to fail. :tdown:

You have a great collection! Can't you keep all?:smile:

I think it's so hard to choose between leather or colour.

I chose the leather option in the end, but honestly, if I see a bag in fantastic leather but in a colour I will never use, it's kinda pointless to get it, KWIM?

It's so hard to choose a bag to let go.. do you have to?

I want to trim down so I can love the ones I keep much more. Also I want to make way for new bags.

guess i am one of the few who picked colour.
honestly it's 3/5 colour 2/5 texture! i mean i get that bal bags have vastly different leathers over the years and even in the same season same colour. so i have kinda accepted the imperfections of each leather.

as for colour i am still kinda disappointed in my EB RH Work. It isn't as saturated as the Day I saw in HK and now I am SO REGRETTING my choice. Esp when I had to call Bal NY / Paris to get it! Sigh!

You are shedding some light. Maybe I really have to rethink based on colours since leather really varies way too much even within a colour family. I cannot be loving so many texture can I? :confused1:

Why not get the EB Day & sell the Work? Even though it was quite an effort to get it, you can always get another Work in future?

Ok, so first and foremost when I'm looking to BUY a bag, or looking to GET RID OF a bag, I look at color first. If I can't make the color work with my lifestyle or my wardrobe, I won't get it. If I like the color and want it, but don't like the leather, I won't get it; I'll wait to find a bag in the color I want with the leather type I want. Sorry not really sure if that helped!

I have a very colourful wardrobe so my current bags work with most of my clothes. Just that I am always averse to neutrals. That is why I was thinking to let Sienna go but the leather is so yummy letting go is a pain.:sad:

For me it's a combination of both. I must like the colour but the leather is really important too. I will grab the bags with the leather that I love most.

I wouldn't buy a bag with a colour that doesn't work for me, however I might not buy a bag in a colour I love because I don't like the leather. But I might put up with leather that's not my absolute favourite because I love the colour.

So, both are totally interconnected and I couldn't vote for just colour or just leather. Confused yet? :graucho:

See...see...that is why I am so confused!!! :tdown:

You are shedding some light. Maybe I really have to rethink based on colours since leather really varies way too much even within a colour family. I cannot be loving so many texture can I? :confused1:

Why not get the EB Day & sell the Work? Even though it was quite an effort to get it, you can always get another Work in future?

I thought about it except now the EB Day in Bal Hk is sold and I dont want to risk another bad purchase not having seen the bag IRL.

The other prob is selling the Work. After the horror stories on Eb*y, I am hestitant. As for consignment, I may not see cash for months on end. So I may as well as accept it and hope it breaks in nicely :smile:

Oh yes with EB, I think the leather & colour is very inconsistent. The RH City I have, the colour is great IMO. The leather is so thin & was a damp-ener when I got it but now that it is breaking in, it is all puffy & nice & not paper thin. So I hope your Work breaks in GORGEOUSLY. I think best to avoid another sight unseen purchase for EB!

BTW have not seen family pictures of your Bbags...do one soon? esp now that you have a GORGEOUS collection of TDF colours...VG, RV among them yeah?

What seals the deal?

....for me, hands down, the leather. I can look at two bags of the same color, but will usually find one more appealing in looking at the texture of the leather.

Ok, it's impossible to say just one or the other factor.
For me, I look for particular colors at first, of course I look for the colors that I need to match my usual outfits, but then I keep the bags with the leather I prefer.
I would not keep a bag in a certain color if I didn't love the leather.
In fact the last bags I would sell are the ones with my favourite leather.
So I would say 40% color 60% leather
And I agree: downsizing seems impossible!!

i would keep the color i love. 'cos i am sure all your bbags are gorgeous in both color and leather. the color meant more in terms of matching outfits. a great leather doesn't really do too much to your outfits....hope i am making sense here.
enjoy.

I think often we end up loving all our bags, for all the variation and individuality they offer. That's why it's so hard to let them go (you know I'm going through that right now).

Pink, don't rush your decision or you will regret it (have you seen the threads about repeatedly buying and selling the same bag?). Perhaps the point will come where you'll just know that a certain bag is just not right for you anymore.

I want to trim down so I can love the ones I keep much more. Also I want to make way for new bags.

PB: If what you're really after is deciding on which bags to let go, perhaps the color or texture debate is not going to help you at all.

Instead, why don't you keep track of which you wear (or plan to wear in other seasons) and keep the ones that you actually use. Most of us have that one balbag that we LOVE but keep in our closet and never bring out.