Colors?

DivaMom2skj

Nov 18, 2010
Are there any colors that are still considered no-nos in the winter? I saw a really cute purse that is fuschia but I've always associated that color with spring/summer. Will I be a fashion "don't" if I carry it in the winter? Thanks!

Fuschia is fine. Pastels are fine too if worn appropriately. It really depends on the outfit and how you style a bag. I would not wear a black coat and a delicate pink chiffon bag, for example.

I also agree that fuchsia is fine, actually I think it is great in the winter. I do not love most pastels in the winters but yes some can be worn, really depends on the bag. Today I am wearing my new Burberry mega check canvas tote which is more of a summery bag not only because it is canvas but also because it has a lot of white and off-white in it but then I love white and off-white in the winter! Sort of different from the black, brown, grey etc. everyone is wearing in the winter and while I love those (except for all black bags which I anymore find a bit boring:smile:)) I also think different things are cool. Your taste, your style, this is what it depends on.

This depends on where you live and also your personal taste..

I live in Florida, USA and because Fall/Winter does not really come here we wear very light color bags all year around...Now if your taste runs for dark color than that is what you would go for..

It is up to your I think a fuschia bag or a pastel bag in winter would be refreshing.. and an eye catcher...

I see less pastels, yellow, orange, green and white in the winter.
But I agree that it depends where you live.
Yet, ultimately, I use whatever purses I love whenever I feel like it. :biggrin: